JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My family was willing to keep talking about it for two years. I told them that why don't you com to class with me. We can learn the basics and have fun.

My family and me are very close. I'm their biggest cheerleader, and their my biggest cheerleader. They also did not quickly change the subject when I brought it up. They just listed to me, and me them. One point they brought up was interesting, why don't you get a headlight like for camping. I have a fair amount of flashlight. I do keep a flashlight in every room in case of a power outage
Didn't answer my question, let me put it another way:

Who owns the house where you now live?

I do. However I'm over there a lot and they come over hear a lot. Sometimes we do stop by just to say hello. But I have my own place.
That's a bit more helpful response than the round robbin game you have been presenting up until now, thanks.

So, given what you have said, focus on YOUR HOUSE & also everyone understanding safety. Still, even with that, ANY firearm NOT in your direct control should be safely secured...that is whenever, IF ever you decide to purchase anything else.

What that means? Focus on carry. Responsible everyday carry. All the time, when you get there (learning wise). Either concealed, or open. With reasonably secure, reasonably quick access when your carry is NOT on you.

After a bit, move on from there. It will take time, realize that.

OP, please don't take this the wrong way, you seem sincere and are honestly trying to do the right thing. But you really need to work on your English skills. Your posts are seriously difficult to read. I'm assuming you're an ESL type of guy. Hang in there, and practice more.

Keep the faith!

Are "they" not comfortable with the weapon light or a gun in general? But you have a shotgun? And a pistol is the scary gun? This reads like chasing a tweaked chicken around the barn

OP - You say you want a gun....OK, go and practice at a place that rents guns at their range. Many will have pistols, ARs and shotguns that you can 'try out'. Choose the ones that you like and do your research. Buy the one that works best for YOU.

Do not buy the family any guns. If they are not ready for one it could end in disaster. Someone could accidently kill someone in your family. Are you willing to be the guy who got them one? I , for one, think you need to reconsider this whole line of questioning. But this is your call. You live with the consequences

The thing about guns is being able to make split decisions is kinda pretty important.
You say you were, as a family, talking about some esoteric aspect of a hypothetical gun for
two years?

The thing about guns is being able to make split decisions is kinda pretty important.
You say you were, as a family, talking about some esoteric aspect of a hypothetical gun for
two years?

Well yes I just did not want to be a part of panic buying. That was when I first thought about having a gun or two. I wanted to prove to my family that I am taking it very seriously.
two years?
I started thinking about
two years?
More specific it started around March of 2020. There was a lot of panic buying I didn't want to be a part of that. So I had started easing my family in to this also I was looking at moving, so that complicated. Now that I'm that I'm in my home now we can start moving forward on it. I also got them waning to dust off our shotguns and go to the rang.

I started thinking about

More specific it started around March of 2020. There was a lot of panic buying I didn't want to be a part of that. So I had started easing my family in to this also I was looking at moving, so that complicated. Now that I'm that I'm in my home now we can start moving forward on it. I also got them waning to dust off our shotguns and go to the range

I started thinking about

More specific it started around March of 2020. There was a lot of panic buying I didn't want to be a part of that. So I had started easing my family in to this also I was looking at moving, so that complicated. Now that I'm that I'm in my home now we can start moving forward on it. I also got them waning to dust off our shotguns and go to the range. Part of the conversation was you have a gun already, why do you want an other

My opinion: lights, especially weapon mounted lights, are a great revenue stream for the guy selling them. They work well when used in conjunction with a "squad" in an offensive situation. Alone, in your home, not so much.
Here is my arguement, or at least part of it:
A really bright light destroys any night vision you had, outside of that cone of light you can't see poo.
It gives you away, and provides a target for your adversary.

As many, many women know, I do all my best work in the dark.

Tell them its a good thing because you will be able to positively ID the intended target in a dark setting. It would be safer for them because if you heard a bump in the night, you'd be able to use the light and assure it's not one of them before you shoot.

I prefer the updated Streamlight TLR1-HL. Quick Attach mount and the momentary/constant switch is very ergonomic and easy top operate over any other brand and style. Its not necessarily the brightest or has the best light temperature for contrast, but only slightly worse with the benefit of easiest to use. Also, very affordable.

Amazon has a nice little safe that can keep your "bad gun" out of sight.

Fits in-wall between the studs. Electronic code or key entry.

Under $120. It's not hardcore bit it's going to keep your gun out of sight and gain you some cred for safety with the family.

Sounds like their feelings are on the fence so some extra safety gestures could gain you credit.

Screenshot_20211207-113816.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads