JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK now it's up to 8 accounts this week! :(

No I do not want to do this, nor do get and joy out of it, in fact it's kind of depressing, but this is an unfair practice that has to be stopped.

I think its awfully nice of NWFA to offer a seven day suspension for this. I would think this should result in an immediate ban. I understand times are tough and people need to move their guns, but come on. The new format for the threads that shades closed threads is good enough to assure your ad is seen. I still think the classifieds could benefit from a "new" icon for every new ad that lasts for like 48 hours, but thats just me. I posted a thread about this before, after seeing it used at a different gun site and it seemed really cool. Maybe this would help in some way?

I would rather start a wall of shame thread so we can call out the people who like to #$%W around and screw up deals and ads. Putting all of there name in a thread would be great. I say that because I just got screwed again and it is getting old.

Are the people doing this mostly new members? Where they caught bumping there own ads or did they just have multiple accounts?

It's about 50/50 seasoned members to new members. And yes most of the time they come to my attention bumping there own Ads with a sock puppet account.

If a member has duplicate accounts and hasn't used it to bump an ad, I give them the benefit of the doubt and just ask them what's up. Sometimes people forget they have an account and re-register or forget the password and start a new account these are not what I consider a sock puppet account and won't get the same treatment.

In the end it's not about punishing people it's about keeping a clean and honest forum.

What doesn't make sense to me is "advantage" After reading this thread I wonder if it is really worth it. Is there enough to be made ($$) to risk getting caught or embarrassed? By comparison, this is a small community. If you are on here very much you recognize people. Breaking the rules to sell a gun seems short sighted. Compared to other sites, the rules here are pretty friendly.

What doesn't make sense to me is "advantage" After reading this thread I wonder if it is really worth it. Is there enough to be made ($$) to risk getting caught or embarrassed? By comparison, this is a small community. If you are on here very much you recognize people. Breaking the rules to sell a gun seems short sighted. Compared to other sites, the rules here are pretty friendly.

Agreed. I just checked on one person I suspected Trism is referencing, and is now baned. Over 120 transactions within the last 12 months. That opportunity is now lost by that individual, and thats a big loss that the extra bumps certainly weren't worth. I think most people make the bump mistake once, as they/me really don't read every bit of the classified rules, but once scolded/notified , don't do it again. 99.9% aren't looking for a way around the system imo.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top