JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, what if there was a 1300 yard rifle range in western Washington? What if it was about an hour from Portland and about 1:30 hours from Seattle? Only 6 miles directly off I-5? What if it you didn't have to wait for some monthly competition to shoot a long ways away? Ok sorry for the rhetorical questions Ted. I have access to a property that we could accomplish all of this. In all honesty, my question is: If I give up my lucrative career, invest all my money, and open the most amazing long range, sniper, tactical, gauntlet gun playground ever. Would you all come and support the sport? Side note: retired military bada$$e$, would you come and assist with different fun trainings and what not? I've been researching like a psycho, and I'm just about ready. Do I jump? I would love some feedback! Thanks

0455415D-3773-493A-8D80-88800C45ED90.png

Have any of you guys seen any of the Average joes stuff on YouTube? started by the guys at triarc for people to go shoot with more professional shooters and the just setup do a bunch of drills, hang out, and shoot. I know they're trying to get the Average Joes range day thing in more places across the country. If they're organizing people up here like Milspec Mojo to run it, this would be a great place to do it. Idk if you were to reach out to them for something like this, they might help with development of the range? Idk just a thought. But I would help with labor! I've been wanting to get into long range shooting!

If I give up my lucrative career, invest all my money,

You ain't gonna get a return on that investment for a very long time if ever imo.

There was a group buy here years ago for 9mm @$160/1000 rounds when that was a great price and there were pages and pages and pages of people saying they would take 1-4 cases.

Guy ordered a pallet with 70,000 rounds on it with his own cash.

Wanna know how many people actually went up to south Tacoma to pick up that Ammo?

Just me:oops:

I grabbed 2 for a guy in woodland and 5 for myself and friends of mine.

He had to sell off the vast majority of it on armslist.

I'd be seriously skeptical of banking on someone or people unless they have something to loose like you obviously will.

Just my 2¢

I'd love to have something available within an hour or two from Seattle (I'm North of Seattle). You might check with Mel at Sniper Central if he'd want to do classes there. Right now he does them in Montana but I think he's missing out on a few customers.

You ain't gonna get a return on that investment for a very long time if ever imo.

There was a group buy here years ago for 9mm @$160/1000 rounds when that was a great price and there were pages and pages and pages of people saying they would take 1-4 cases.

Guy ordered a pallet with 70,000 rounds on it with his own cash.

Wanna know how many people actually went up to south Tacoma to pick up that Ammo?

Just me:oops:

I grabbed 2 for a guy in woodland and 5 for myself and friends of mine.

He had to sell off the vast majority of it on armslist.

I'd be seriously skeptical of banking on someone or people unless they have something to loose like you obviously will.

Just my 2¢

I agree 100%. Great idea, but I don't think a return on the investment is probable. The property and amenities are going to be big money, I would venture several hundred thousand dollars. Not to mention the insurance which isn't cheap.

I just had a thought.....maybe if you lived on the property? Build a house, make it your primary residence and not necessarily give up your lucrative career? You could probably run the range on weekends and weekdays where time allows. That way you aren't ditching your regular source of income?

You would definitely find a market around here. There aren't many long range options nearby, and those that do exist have either the restrictions you mentioned (Douglas Ridge) or stupid-long waiting periods for memberships (TCGC).

But @Joe13 is right - you're going to get a lot of supportive messages that don't actually translate to meaningful action. If you're really going to invest a boatload of money and risk your job for this, cover your bubblegum. Get some legal help drafting plans, pulling permits, getting insurance, and all the other legal/logistical stuff out of the way before you start buying equipment or doing any construction.

It wouldn't be unreasonable for you to try to pull in investors and early members to start some cash flow. Tell people that if they are willing to sign a one-year membership contract and pay up front now, they get discounts on later renewals until they're paid back. Or give out contracts stating that if they help with construction by volunteering some number of labor hours or dollars they get their first year free.

Make other people share the risk instead of relying on empty and vague promises to support you.

Suggestion. Model the numbers in Excel. What would it cost to run the facility regardless of utilization. Then, what would revenue look like at 25%, 50%, and 100% utilization. How much money would you make/loose at each utilization level?

Actual utilization might be 50% of what you think.

So, what if there was a 1300 yard rifle range in western Washington? What if it was about an hour from Portland and about 1:30 hours from Seattle? Only 6 miles directly off I-5? What if it you didn't have to wait for some monthly competition to shoot a long ways away? Ok sorry for the rhetorical questions Ted. I have access to a property that we could accomplish all of this. In all honesty, my question is: If I give up my lucrative career, invest all my money, and open the most amazing long range, sniper, tactical, gauntlet gun playground ever. Would you all come and support the sport? Side note: retired military bada$$e$, would you come and assist with different fun trainings and what not? I've been researching like a psycho, and I'm just about ready. Do I jump? I would love some feedback! Thanks

View attachment 765886
You have my support
now retired and looking for projects
have 3 1000 yrd rifles that need a range to shoot on

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class