JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, and good on ya for dumping the Ron Jeremy 'stache...
Oh man ! why I even kept it for so long I have no idea ! I looked like a sleaze ball with it!

I did later have a full beard for about two years and looked more, less 'normal' with it (some say I looked like a younger Robert Redford with it) but it aged me so I eventually shaved it off and now its just clean skin!

I did later have a full beard... ...but it aged me so I eventually shaved it off and now its just clean skin!
I haven't gotten there yet, pal... :s0140:

Sobo before.JPG

As a point of fact, no. But they paid for the launch fees, drinks, bait, and food. In reality, I probably don't burn $5-$10 fuel a day.
What will get you invited back on Caveman's boat after an outing is that you brought a nice homemade sammich and of course going up that long ramp to get the boat trailer and back it down in under two minutes. Yeah it's a long azz ramp…:eek:

9C690EC3-C022-495B-BBDE-0A90131E9B72.jpeg

Although those that cannot do that will be spared because I don't ask very much of the crew I have aboard my boat except to get in the driver seat when needed and keep us heading into the wind.

Last Edited:
...except to get in the driver seat when needed and keep us heading into the wind.
I don't think I could even do that, since my farts go in every which direction.
There's no way I could tell ya which way is into the "wind"... :oops:

What will get you invited back on Caveman's boat after an outing is that you brought a nice homemade sammich and of course going up that long ramp to get the boat trailer and back it down in under two minutes. Yeah it's a long azz ramp…:eek:

View attachment 1014569

Although those that cannot do that will be spared because I don't ask very much of the crew I have aboard my boat except to get in the driver seat when needed and keep us heading into the wind.
I was baiting crab pots and told one of the "crew" to keep a heading of 270. I have a compass, gps that charts our path of travel, etc. I got done with the pots and looked up, seeing that we had been going in circles. Sigh.

I don't know if you mainlanders follow the rule. But in Hawaii it was......

Don't take bananas on the boat.

There might even be a book about it.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....OK, Ok, ok......you guys have it too.

When a captain fills his chair with others with less experience they must expect that they may not be up to the task.
Case in point I had a friend drive on Riffe lake Monday while I tended the downriggers, it was windy, the boat was getting pushed around quite a bit. Somehow one of the starboard rods braided line got sucked into the kicker prop.:eek::eek::eek: Quick thinking keep the rod tip out of the prop too.:D:D:D
I decided the ugly prop which has seen it's better days needed a makeover. ;)
49D93DB4-879D-4B28-8BA6-74E3725CC56E.jpeg 6513FEE2-C395-42B2-9AAB-B825F652EB0B.jpeg
Gooder than new… :p
5EF509CD-56E2-4044-8263-584B67A74C2D.jpeg
I also took the time to replace all the old line on all four of the line counter reels with 225' of fresh 15# Power Pro braid.
Now I'm ready for some serious fishin!!! :D

Don't know if it's been mentioned already:
If you feel sick please throw up over the rail because it plugs up the head. :(

Oh, and please......Not on the windward side.... :s0170: :eek:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR