JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Always kept jungle money in the various boats...
First time I've heard "Jungle Money"! That's great.
Fishsticks and McD's? Geez you guys gotta eat better. :D
I don't eat no fishsticks no more. And those Big Ms and Mc doubles, the mc double is just when i'm out and about and need the food in the stomach. I like that flavor, what I can taste of it anyway. Pretty much lost all taste/smell in the last year. I do all the cooking. Fast food isn't more than once a week.
until my current wife turned me onto her Spicy Twist Pork Dish.
LOL I read that ^ :s0140:
until my current wife turned me Into her Spicy Twist Pork Dish.

Well, if you are still eating SPAM got a hint for ya. Bi Mart has a product called 'Dutch Colony' ham in a can It is 1 lb size and is in a typical 'ham can' shape however it is essentially SPAM - cant tell the difference. Also it is like 2.79 per and sometimes two for $5 so it is a bit less than SPAM as well.

I use maybe a can a month!
I've seen those in there. I'd eat it! I remember mom and dad bought canned hams in the ''60s? But Wifey has no desire. I don't know, maybe I should put my foot down? I do all the cooking! I should be able to cook what ever I want! hmm.

We recently purchased a new (to us) toy for the kids to play on. Some of the things I've seen at the boat ramps are just plain silly. I've had several boats over the years some I'm fairly well versed in launching/loading. My friend also has a pontoon boat and we like to race each other to see who can launch or load the quickest. We get everything prepped first and both have an average of less than two minutes of the trailer in the water. Last weekend we were backing down the ramp side by side pretending to yell and fight each other and bystanders were filming. Not sure why but I really like to F with people, LOL. Here's a couple pics of the most recent boat.
5144445D-F0A1-4A70-89D1-9262F672F172.jpeg
107C42C3-3231-4618-B07C-63F81C1A3F72.jpeg
0278699F-3F36-4968-874A-C97E7079A961.jpeg

I upgraded from a McDouble to Big Mac meal yesterday! ;)
I love Big Macs. My hack for a cheap Big Mac is to order a McDouble, no ketchup, no mustard, sub mac sauce. (Make sure you say sub, less likely to get charged the .25 for the sauce)

I don't eat them as much anymore, very rare occasions. If I am in another country, I like to order a Big Mac to see what's what.

I think this would cause my normally sweet-tempered cane to flip out and trip you and dump you overboard.
I have that effect on people... lol. I like to think I am bringing out the best in others.

if-im-not-going-to-catch-a-fish-i-might-as-well-not-catch-a-big-fish.jpg

-Robert

I've seen those in there. I'd eat it! I remember mom and dad bought canned hams in the ''60s? But Wifey has no desire. I don't know, maybe I should put my foot down? I do all the cooking! I should be able to cook what ever I want! hmm.
You can. For sure.

Just remember that if the wifey ain't happy, ain nobody happy!!!

First time I've heard "Jungle Money"! That's great.
I learned that one in elk camp.... when you are out in the woods, there is a high value placed on TP. It can be trading stock. And if you don't have any or can't borrow or trade for some, you better have a hanky you are prepared to part with...

I love Big Macs. My hack for a cheap Big Mac is to order a McDouble, no ketchup, no mustard, sub mac sauce. (Make sure you say sub, less likely to get charged the .25 for the sauce)
Yeah, NO. I know better than to make special orders in fast food joints. These are assembly line operations. When ever you special order food at fast food joints your taking a chance. At the very least you hold up the line, or end up being told to "Park It"

Good boating skills and dock side behavior rules were passed on by older guys who knew what they were doing. As most have passed on, so did their influence.
Now you have boaters that act just like they drive, it's all about their immediate needs with no care about the next guy.
Those old-timers made a lot of money by betting with any newcomers on how fast our family could get our boat out of the water. I don't know how fast we were, but apparently faster than anyone ever saw before or thought possible.

Our boat--18' outboard that was almost half as wide as long. Not fast but very sea worthy.
Captain--Dad, career Air Force.
First Mate and Medic--Mother.
Crew--me age 16, my brother, age 10, family beagle.
Boat ramps all over Florida, Georgia, New York, and Virginia, but especially gulf coast of Florida.

Dad always backed the trailer down the ramp with one swift graceful swoop into the absolutely perfect position. I can't remember him ever even once needing to drive back and forth to reposition. Mother would be in water and bringing boat over using bow line. Dad would grab end of trailer cable, walk it to bow, attach it, position bow on trailer. Mother would use a stern line already attached to straighten stern. I'd be at the trailer winch. Brother stayed in boat stowing gear. Dog stayed in boat out of way. At Dad's signal I'd start cranking winch. Dad used his strength to keep bow positioned perfectly as boat mounted trailer. After I drew boat about half way up, it took all my strength and both arms to slowly turn crank. Bow was solidly positioned at this point. Dad took over winch, and with one hand casually spun the winch as fast as one would want the boat to go. Brother had by now stowed all gear and opened stopcock. After boat was drawn all the way up onto trailer, he got himself and dog out of boat. Boat was fastened down. I don't remember by who or when. Might have been after Dad had pulled boat off ramp to free it for the next people. I might have been walking and emptying the dog then. Not a single word spoken during the entire process of getting boat from tied at dock to trailered. Everyone had their preassigned jobs. It was really satisfying to work together as a family that way.

It never occurred to me until writing this story today that it might have been relevant. Dad's specialty in the Air Force? Manpower and Organization.

Yeah, NO. I know better than to make special orders in fast food joints. These are assembly line operations. When ever you special order food at fast food joints your taking a chance. At the very least you hold up the line, or end up being told to "Park It"
Lol... if you know how modern assembly lines work, you'd know it's not a problem.

For the record, I used to manage some popular fast food restaurants back in the day. It's not an issue in the slightest, even when busy. If it is a hold up, I know for a fact it's not the customer's order that is the problem. (Those employees would get some focused training until they either figured it out, or got the boot)

Edit: I guess this ties into why we need written rules of common sense and consideration at the dock and on the water. Otherwise, people be people:

Boat-Launch.jpeg

-Robert

Last Edited:
I've seen those in there. I'd eat it!
Well, get one sometime and show her the can and it does NOT say SPAM but don't tell her thats basically what it is and cook away ! See what she says!

Kind of like when I was stationed in Italy and would take a new person who transferred in out for dinner and I would tell them they need to try the 'Italian onion rings' - and order a batch - well, they weren't exactly onion rings but extra large calamari !! - But they looked like onion rings when served up!

Well, get one sometime and show her the can and it does NOT say SPAM but don't tell her thats basically what it is and cook away ! See what she says!

Kind of like when I was stationed in Italy and would take a new person who transferred in out for dinner and I would tell them they need to try the 'Italian onion rings' - and order a batch - well, they weren't exactly onion rings but extra large calamari !! - But they looked like onion rings when served up!
Where in Italy were you stationed? I grew up in Tirrenia, near Camp Darby.

Comiso AS, on the Southern end of Sicily.

Me with one of my Carabinieri buddies!

View attachment 1010525
The carabinieri's trigger discipline doesn't surprise me! :s0140:

The carabinieri in my neck of the woods, shall we say, knew me pretty well... :rolleyes:
And I didn't care for them very much, either.

Oh I got to know several very well and those I did know were pretty fun to be around - off duty!
My interactions with them were always while they were on duty...
I was aged 9 to 16 during the timeframe in which we mutually despised each other.
The age difference mighta had a li'l sump'n to do with it... :s0087:

The age difference mighta had a li'l sump'n to do with it...
I am thinkin' so. I worked with them on duty and got to be 'simpatico' with several of them. Great guys. I always Had a good experience with them.

But then I preferred my 'additional duty' as that of 'Base Social Coordinator'. I was occasionally 'tasked' to go spend some time with the locals, dig deeper and get more acquainted with them and come back and report my 'findings' so a list of acceptable and safe establishments could be given to the newbees. Somehow I always managed to find the best places!

img20190815_21060691.jpg

Last Edited:
I am thinkin' so. I worked with them on duty and got to be 'simpatico' with several of them. Great guys. I always Had a good experience with them.

But then I preferred my 'additional duty' as that of 'Base Social Coordinator'. I was occasionally 'tasked' to go spend some time with the locals, dig deeper and get more acquainted with them and come back and report my 'findings' so a list of acceptable and safe establishments could be given to the newbees. Somehow I always managed to find the best places!

View attachment 1010544
Look at all the cigarettes in that pic! Typical Italian! :s0140:

Looks like ya mighta been there late-70s/early 80s?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top