JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Always kept jungle money in the various boats... not for offshore use, butt nothing wrong with pulling to the shore (of lake/river) and letting somebody out to do their biz. Wifey did that all the time. It's much better than having to use a crapton of petrol in the 150 Evinrude to get back to the ramp!!!

One time on Lake Mead I jumped off the bow barefoot onto a rock to go pee.... watermelon sized rock turned over, and there was a litter of these:

1628788202735.png

ETA: Shoulda seen me dance

Last Edited:
I tell guests that my rules are:

1. If you must get sick, puke over the side rather than plug up the head.

2. If you insist on swallowing cherry pits, or gum, do it at lest 48 hrs before coming on board as they tend to plug up the head. (I'm the Plumber)

3. No running on the boat unless someone is bleeding, or we are on fire.

4.There is no jumping from the boat to the dock when we are backing in. If you go into the water, think frog in a blender, I paid a lot of money for those props and I don't want them dinged up.

5. All of the water comes out of a tank and the power comes out of batteries. If you're not using it, turn it off.

6. Do not move about, or try to help, (unless asked) or chatter while the boat is being docked. Most Skippers have a system and you will just foul things up.

Most of these potential problems can be prevented by your choice of guests. Are they, "Crew", or are they, "Cargo"? I normally avoid carrying, "Cargo".

Oh, and one last thing. At 15 gallons an hour, don't ask when we're going fishing. If you want fish, go to West Port. They're cheaper there.;)

Last Edited:
You still eat those? Some of those "Minced Pollock" products were good in the day. But geezus, now? I got no taste now, literally. A McDouble and fries at McDees is gourmet to me now.

Fishsticks and McD's? Geez you guys gotta eat better. :D

Fishsticks and McD's? Geez you guys gotta eat better. :D
I upgraded from a McDouble to Big Mac meal yesterday! ;)

Friday is Baconator from Wendy's.

Everything here is take out (no indoor dining yet) unless you cook it yourself... choices here are:

1. Chinese
2. Pizza
3. Burgers
4. Mex
5. Sushi

I upgraded from a McDouble to Big Mac meal yesterday! ;)

Friday is Baconator from Wendy's.

Everything here is take out (no indoor dining yet) unless you cook it yourself... choices here are:

1. Chinese
2. Pizza
3. Burgers
4. Mex
5. Sushi

Good lord. No.

I had to take over the cooking from my demented wife, so home cooked is generally simple.

1. Sketti
2. Salads
3. Soups (Ciapino, Clam chowder, split pea, bean, all homemade, canned is too much salt and poor flavor)
4. Meat & taters
5. Meat loaf
6. Mex (tacos, enchiladas, rellenos, Chili Verde, fajitas, Carne Asada)
7. Various frozen dinners
8. PB&J
9. Eggs, etc
10. Cereal, oatmeal, etc
11. Ramen
12. Canned ravioli
13. Vegis
14. Stroganoff
15. Beef and brocolli
16. Stir fry
17. Spam casserole

Last Edited:
Unwritten rule:

Don't out fish the captain.

My friend always got really upset with me whenever I was ahead lol...

At one point, I said I was tired of reelin' em in and was going to catch a buzz instead. I just threw my line over board, no cast, went to take a sip of beer and... fish on!

My friend complained about that the rest of the trip. "Oh look at me, I'm Robert, I'm not even going to cast." He mocked, as he attempted to do the same... but no dice for him.

-Robert
I think this would cause my normally sweet-tempered cane to flip out and trip you and dump you overboard.

Good boating skills and dock side behavior rules were passed on by older guys who knew what they were doing. As most have passed on, so did their influence.
Now you have boaters that act just like they drive, it's all about their immediate needs with no care about the next guy.

17. Spam casserole
:eek: :eek: Do tell?

I try to get wifey to go far a spam dinner, or breakfast (Span and eggs and Spam and Spam). But she won't go for it. SPAM used to be what we always had in the trailer when camping. You caught fish, you ate fish. No fish? Spam was dinner. We really tried to catch fish.

:eek: :eek: Do tell?

I try to get wifey to go far a spam dinner, or breakfast (Span and eggs and Spam and Spam). But she won't go for it. SPAM used to be what we always had in the trailer when camping. You caught fish, you ate fish. No fish? Spam was dinner. We really tried to catch fish.
Spam was something I ate when I was in the liver and onion sandwich phase. Never touched it again, along with Vienna saugages out of the can, until my current wife turned me onto her Spicy Twist Pork Dish. Very simple to make with ingredients that are usually onhand. I was amazed at how good it is.

Once when I was a kiddie of about 13 and the family lived in Florida, we went on one of those excursion fishing boats. (When Dad was around we went out in our own boat; but Dad was USAF and stationed in Korea.) They focused on red snapper, and after I (and everyone else) pulled up red snappers as fast as we could for a while, I got bored and decided to go for something bigger. So I set the star drag very high, dropped the line to the bottom, but then instead of lifting the line about ten feet off the bottom where it would be unlikely to catch on the bottom and would likely be right in the middle of the snapper school, I lifted the line only about two feet. I knew that bigger/predator fish often swam below the school. Almost immediately my rod bent double. At first everyone thought I had snagged someone's line on the opposite side of the boat. But mine was the only pole bent double. It took a long time to land that fish. It wouldn't have been possible at all except for my setting the star drag for a fish a lot bigger than a snapper. Ultimately, I landed a 60 lb. grouper. I only weighed about 80 lbs myself. That fish was hung in place of honor as the fish of the day.

The crew were very pleased about me and my fish. We made a good story and made their boat look good. But now it occurs to me to wonder how many of the paying customers might have liked to wring my neck that day.

I had to take over the cooking from my demented wife, so home cooked is generally simple.

1. Sketti
2. Salads
3. Soups (Ciapino, Clam chowder, split pea, bean, all homemade, canned is too much salt and poor flavor)
4. Meat & taters
5. Meat loaf
6. Mex (tacos, enchiladas, rellenos, Chili Verde, fajitas, Carne Asada)
7. Various frozen dinners
8. PB&J
9. Eggs, etc
10. Cereal, oatmeal, etc
11. Ramen
12. Canned ravioli
13. Vegis
14. Stroganoff
15. Beef and brocolli
16. Stir fry
17. Spam casserole
Check out this guy's YT channel. He makes some freaking delicious food.

Span and eggs and Spam and Spam
Well, if you are still eating SPAM got a hint for ya. Bi Mart has a product called 'Dutch Colony' ham in a can It is 1 lb size and is in a typical 'ham can' shape however it is essentially SPAM - cant tell the difference. Also it is like 2.79 per and sometimes two for $5 so it is a bit less than SPAM as well.

I use maybe a can a month!

Once when I was a kiddie of about 13 and the family lived in Florida, we went on one of those excursion fishing boats. (When Dad was around we went out in our own boat; but Dad was USAF and stationed in Korea.) They focused on red snapper, and after I (and everyone else) pulled up red snappers as fast as we could for a while, I got bored and decided to go for something bigger. So I set the star drag very high, dropped the line to the bottom, but then instead of lifting the line about ten feet off the bottom where it would be unlikely to catch on the bottom and would likely be right in the middle of the snapper school, I lifted the line only about two feet. I knew that bigger/predator fish often swam below the school. Almost immediately my rod bent double. At first everyone thought I had snagged someone's line on the opposite side of the boat. But mine was the only pole bent double. It took a long time to land that fish. It wouldn't have been possible at all except for my setting the star drag for a fish a lot bigger than a snapper. Ultimately, I landed a 60 lb. grouper. I only weighed about 80 lbs myself. That fish was hung in place of honor as the fish of the day.

The crew were very pleased about me and my fish. We made a good story and made their boat look good. But now it occurs to me to wonder how many of the paying customers might have liked to wring my neck that day.
Caveman would kill for some Southern caught Grouper right about now!!!!

My old bozz (before I retired) dropped of some bourbon elk backstrap today... eatin good tonight!!!! Gonna do it up with some baby Red potatoes, and some garlic mushrooms, some baby carrots.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top