Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

unwanted brass

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by donnwmeyers, Jun 5, 2011.

1. donnwmeyers

donnwmeyers prosser wa New Member

This may seema little off the wall but i have several cans of brass, i dont reload and havent kept any of it separated so there is multiple calibers all mixed together. Can this brass be taken to a recycle facility? It is worth a little something right??

2. pacific keeper

pacific keeper North Coast New Member

Put it in the reloading classifieds . Some one will buy it !

3. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Unless you have a lot (50 pounds or more) just save it for now. The price can change from one day to the next. I took in about 120 pounds, and at the time it was worth about 2.20 a pound. This was about a month ago.

4. catwithboost

catwithboost Olympia, Washington, United States Member

What calibers? I might be up to buy all of it and will pay shipping.

5. Rammit

Rammit Bothel Member

worth much more to reloaders, but I do keep a scrap can of worthless and split cases, and when im going to be near a recycler I will trade it out pound per pound with stuff i can use. I used to take whatever scrap metals i had lying around and trade them for brass, the recycle place i used in Denver would get alot of police and range brass, picked up a bit of 10mm that way by trading in split and worn out cases.

6. donnwmeyers

donnwmeyers prosser wa New Member

About 3 coffee cans full of .45, 40,.22.9mm.223, and .17. Just guessing that there is about 50% 45 and 40 cal. as this what i use the most. Thanks for the interest.

7. catwithboost

catwithboost Olympia, Washington, United States Member

Well i would be interested in the 45/9mm/223 If you want to sell and ship I have paypal. PM Me