JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to keep my head on a swivel growing up in gang banging capitol so cal, know it's on a swivel for cougars?!? Seems like not much is different between urban and country :);):(

I guess you could go back. :p

It's called "biting off more than you can chew".
On the other hand, I knew a lady once, you wouldn't believe how much she could stuff in her mouth...man, I still miss her

Was her name "Mama Cass"? ;)

Sad to see the perspectives here. Such an intolerant reactive bunch. I like guns but the callousness on display here reinforces why I don't care for this community.

This was a freak occurrence, you are more likely to get struck by lightning than be killed by a cougar and yet a number of folks here want to make fun of these bikers and act as though they deserved it. Shame on you.

List of fatal cougar attacks in North America - Wikipedia (<20 listed)
Lightning deaths at all-time record low in 2017

Meanwhile others talk about running bikers off the road and then complain that bikers nearly hit their friends who were hiking. Can you not see the hypocrisy?

Looks like these bikers were "gravel biking", on gravel roads, not even singletrack. Gravel biking is becoming more popular as a being more scenic and avoiding the traffic on paved roads.

Member since 2008 and you've got 4 "likes". Gosh, we've missed your judgemental sweet little heart. Ya'll come back anytime now. Leave us a zinger or two and we'll leave the light on!:p:p:p

BTW, who was talking about running bikers off the road... I wanna give that person a hug!!!

So we're a rough crowd. Some but not all. Don't git yer knickers all in a man-knot!;)

Come out here where I live and try riding 4 or 5 abreast on a gravel road... you'll get eaten by a combine instead of a cougar. Tho we have them too.

Hey Billy Bob, hold my beer wouldja... watch this!!!!!!

Well I don't play in lighting storms either so....

Member since 2008 and you've got 4 "likes". Gosh, we've missed your judgemental sweet little heart. Ya'll come back anytime now. Leave us a zinger or two and we'll leave the light on!:p:p:p

BTW, who was talking about running bikers off the road... I wanna give that person a hug!!!

So we're a rough crowd. Some but not all. Don't git yer knickers all in a man-knot!;)

Come out here where I live and try riding 4 or 5 abreast on a gravel road... you'll get eaten by a combine instead of a cougar. Tho we have them too.

Hey Billy Bob, hold my beer wouldja... watch this!!!!!!
I d

o_Oo_Oo_O

Imma need you to splain that one to me.

???
Lame-o tecla said how much they didn't like this forum that they are reading and commenting on. Said some bubblegum like you're more likely to get hit by lightning... just a weak attempt to tell them to stfu lol but since I don't know how to link the post it came across random

It' been my experience with predators that there are three things that trigger an attack, they get startled, they see you as pray and attack ( the whole moving at speed thing triggers the chase) or their starving and will risk it to eat! I have seen it in big cats, bears, and wolves! Bears and Wolves will usually avoid any enconter with man unless you screw up, the cats are a whole different story! Most Cougar attacks were on runners or mountain bikers, or hikers that smelled like pepperoni sticks, where bears it usually you getting close to cubs, threatening to them, or startling them, pretty much the same with Wolves and even Coyote! I have worked with my Sheriffs aux seach and rescue for a number of years and the attacks all follow a pretty predictable series of events where the human caused the attack! We try not to punish the predator when possable, but once they become a man killer, there is no other options! Bears are the only ones who have a chance IF you can locate the actual bear, trap it and relocate it! Cats and K-9s not so much!
How is it the cat's fault? It's just doing what cats do. If you don't want to be eaten, be prepared to defend yourself, or stay out of the woods!

Some years ago, an elderly woman was run over and killed by a bicyclist on a trail in Renton. I have a particular peeve against the bicyclists on crowded public trails who are doing their Lance Armstrong impression and go zipping by at 25 MPH. Way too dangerous, in my view.

Did the "authorities" dispatch the cyclist or relocate the cyclist? :cool:

Yes!! When I lived in Bend (second only to Portland in # of cyclists), I was chased off the side of trails along the Deschutes. Rude F'ers. It's not that I like to hate
on cyclists, I'm just pizzed off because of the times many have acted like they own the road/trail whatever. I've had to go around cyclists riding 3 or 4 abreast going into a turn on the highway... unsafe at the max! I've been flipped off for edging the nose of the car out to try to see past parked cars. Also for pulling out across the lanes when a cyclist was still 100yds away... wtf? They hate on me, I hate them back.
Portlandia was spot on . .

There is however there is a new species of Cougar that is evolving. One that had planned to mate for life but lost it's male companion due to death or other circumstances. This new breed has adequate resources for survival and is well equipped to re-enter the wilderness. Because of it's years of experience it is considerably more dangerous than it's male counterpart, is very sly and cunning and bears considerable watching. It is very selective and will take whatever new male companion it chooses. Even the strongest male can fall victim as it displays a larger more comfortable cave/home it has created, ample sustenance and comfort. Also because of it's years of coexistence with a dedicated male, and possible domination by same, it will no longer allow itself to be controlled and will, in fact, dominate any new male it takes as a companion. This new breed displays an insatiable desire to mate and any incapacity, carelessness or neglect by the male will result in his immediate ejection from the cave/nest by the now dominate female.

Are bars their hunting grounds??

I feel horrible for the families of the people involved in the attack but Im glad that its bringing more light to Oregon's cougar problem. This is what happens when you have poor management of a predator population. If I remember correctly Oregon reviewed hunting with dogs not even a year ago, and despite the facts Oregon refused to change the law.

20180414_180103.jpg I finally got mine back. I was pretty happy with how she turned out. She is a constant reminder that im not as good of hunter as I think I am and not nearly as good of a shot as I thought I was lol

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top