Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

unused tobacco.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by letrain, Apr 17, 2013.

1. letrain

letrain toledo,wash Active Member

i know there are sorts of restrictions on guns, and ammo. but we resale unused ammo and guns online. so would it be illegal to sell unused tobacco? or trade unused tobacco for other items?

say my father-in-law yells "buy me some smokes while your out". i think his brand is marb, but he smokes camels. i buy a carton, because im a rich bastard :p and a nice guy, of marb. he says no way cant touch it...well i know i could give them away. but whats to stop me of trading a carton (around 125$ or more) for some ammo, mre's or etc..

im sure in a private deal where i tell a guy at the bar ive got a carton ill make a deal on with him, no one cares. but what if on this site i post it as trade and say i want ammo? is the ATF going to come bust down my door?

2. Truenorth

Truenorth Pacific Northwet Active Member

You already paid the 80% or whatever it is WA state tobacco tax so do with them what you like.

Trade for ammo, gas, cash, whatever. Awful nice of you to buy the ol' man a whole carton though, damn.

pokerace and (deleted member) like this.
  3. letrain

The point was are you able to trade it like any other item.. Tobacco is so regulated I wasn't sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Heh... Before too long you could probably trade ciggys for booty. ;) (ok, that's gross... was just sayin')

1 person likes this.
  5. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Northwest Firearms prohibits the listing or sale of the following goods for any reason, including but not limited to any item that is illegal to sell under any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation including the following: Food (other than packaged food meeting all applicable federal state and local standards for sale to consumers by commercial merchants); Alcoholic beverages (except if You are reselling an alcoholic beverage that was initially purchased from a retailer and it still in its original container and it is legal to deliver to the buyer and into the jurisdiction where the buyer is); Cigarettes or any other tobacco product for human consumption; Pharmaceuticals or any other controlled substance; Dangerous, counterfeit or stolen goods; Goods which do not actually exist; Any good that infringes or violates anyone's rights; Any item which in Northwest Firearms sole discretion is inflammatory, offensive or otherwise inconsistent with Northwest Firearms standards of business ethics. Any messages, data, or images that might be considered by a reasonable person to be obscene or which contain racial, ethnic, religious slurs or derogatory epithets, or advocating violence, hate or other language that is deeply or widely offensive.

6. letrain

So you can sell food and alcohol, but not cigarettes. But it doesn't say anything about trading. Although being so desperate floor cigarettes to trade for them may make someone decide to quit.

7. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

When I was overseas in Italy a pack of fresh, PX Marlboros would return a lot in 'trade'

8. letrain

You referring to stompers comment? Haha

9. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

10. letrain

That's a good point. It does mention that food and alcohol must pertain to local laws.. So why would cigarettes not be allowed? I would think since state laws still prohibit selling of MJ it wouldn't be allowed. Maybe I can still cigarettes because resales aren't allowed. But the why alcohol and guns?