JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've not seen those before, but I do have several casual shirts that are worn untucked. Makes a great place to carry a 1911. :D

I also usualy try to find longer shorts to cover my sidearm and protect the view when I'm reaching up or bending over.

Actually the last few t-shirts I bought was in the big and tall section. And I'm not big or tall.

I'm not a large guy buy I buy XL shirts and a pant size larger than I need.

Every article of clothing I wore to work today cost as much as one of those shirts...

FWIW, I found Dickies brand shirts, untucked, to be great for CC. IMO they feature a lot of what that website is trying to promote. I also have a few Guayaberas (i'm a retail tobacconist, so it fits the bill) that are good for CC to. I'd say the hem line on the guayaberas are usually little short, so I do wear an undershirt that covers my holster and weapon, otherwise I'd show when I reach over my head.

Those shirts are more style than function. the Carharts, Dickies and Edie Bauers work just in for me. I have not worn a shirt tucked in except for suits for Lodge activities a couple times a month, and that is a pocket carry.

I like a 2XL, don't need it but they cover well. I know a couple of almost retired plain clothes LEO that wear the same. Can carry a EDC, 2 mags, cuffs, small light quite well.

They seem like allrite shirts, a bit pricey for me.

There TV commercial though, it just simply rubs me the wrong way. Enough so that I wouldn't ever consider buying one.

It's the commercial where the owner mentions that it was his life's work or some such to make an untucked shirt available. Really, his life's work?

I get the whole small business thing, and can understand challenges to bringing stuff to market to be profitable. And how doing so can consume tons of time & effort & such.

When discussing life's work though, I think more along the lines of Olympic athletes, scientists, scholars, musicians, artists etc. Not bringing a new shirt to market...

I'm way too fat for those $$$ hipster shirts! :D I prefer IZOD sport shirts! They are generously cut in the big boy sizes, and have a large selection in XL, 2XL and 3XL. They run about $85, but I get them on sale at Penny's for about $25.
They wear like IRON, (which they rarely need, LOL!!!) I have some that are 8-10 years old, still looking sharp! :)

The reason I'm looking around is because I have been shrinking over the last few years. Shirts are now L-XL vs 2X-3X. In the last few years I have literally tossed a couple dozen polos and Tommy Bahamas that were just tents on me. Pants are down to 34-36 from 42-44. I am still shrinking too. Lets call it "arthritis related weight loss" lol.

I will still need a garment to cover an OWB holster, but I can almost pull off a hipster shirt with a 1911 IWB these days I think!

While days of suit and tie are mostly over, I can't wear "cabelas clothes" or 5.11 to work all the time. Sometimes I do have to be a little stylish. $69 for a shirt isn't that much when you are used to having anything more than a t-shirt made or tailored.

I dont get it, why buy a shirt for CC thats purposely made shorter than normal?

"Dress" shirts have a different cut at the bottom and look funny or sloppy untucked.

The point of the hemming other then length is to get an 'even' cut around the bottom of the shirt like a t-shirt wears.

"Dress" shirts have a different cut at the bottom and look funny or sloppy untucked.

The point of the hemming other then length is to get an 'even' cut around the bottom of the shirt like a t-shirt wears.

I dont know if I would want a t-shirt length cut for CC with an OWB... I guess I just dont see that working out so well. I can see wanting to dress nice and stylish but Ive always thought it common to untuck dress shirts for a more casual approach especially paired with jeans.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top