JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, I think Glocks are good guns,:s0155: they have really revolutionized auto pistols. Thier coming out has changed auto pistols for the better. If they had a manual safety I would have one in a minute. I sold my Glock because it didn't have one. Spad

Actually, I think Glocks are good guns,:s0155: they have really revolutionized auto pistols. Thier coming out has changed auto pistols for the better. If they had a manual safety I would have one in a minute. I sold my Glock because it didn't have one. Spad

Why don't you just rely on the three passive safeties and keeping your finger off the trigger? What does a manual safety do that a firing pin safety and keeping your finger off the trigger don't?

I have to admit, for a long time I did not like Glocks. Not because I thought it was a bad weapon or over hipped, but because it never felt comfortable to me. I used to get into some real knock down drag out discussions with friends who loved their Glocks and thought that everyone else should too. One of my friends used to throw the fact that I did not own one in my face all the time, how could I talk about not liking Glocks if I did not have one. But that was the point, I did not have one, because it was not comfortable to me. Finally, with the excuse of wanting to expand my collection, I got a 23. I shoot it ok. But it is still not comfortable. My 1911 and sig 239 feel better to me. Got nothing against Glocks, it is just not my first choice when I need a firearm I feel comfortable with.

Hmmm, lets see, you believe the fool who brought the firearm to school, that he dropped the bag and the gun went off? And secondly, you believe what the liberal anti-gun media reports as the truth? LOL! That's two strikes against you. Man, I think you need to do a little research and use a wee bit of common sense before you go knocking a product you evidently know nothing about. Most of the cops in the USA and in europe carry Glocks and they don't just go off because they were dropped. A dollar to a dawg turd, and you can hold the stakes in your hand, that gun was modified or the fool had his finger on the trigger! Glocks do not just go off because you drop them, if that were the case they would be out of business a long time ago. And as far as it not having a manual safety, you are wrong, the trigger is the safety. But if your afraid of Glocks, don't buy one, but don't go talking bull when all you know is hear say.

MountainBear, I've carried for a long time. Tried the Glock with a cocked and empty chamber in my cargo pants front pocket, drawing had that trigger click, tried it with keys in that pocket, same thing. Maybe my little 26 had a hair trigger, not the pistol for me. At present I usually carry a Sig in the pocket in the decock position, never a problem.Works for me. When I started this all reports were the pistol was Glock, by now I imagine the media has it a cannon and a mouse was in the backpack and pulled the trigger. ;)Spad

Didn't hear it was a Beretta, latest was he was reaching into the bag. My only point was if it was a Glock, not the gun to put in a backpack or pocket, no manual safety. To say he was dumb, think about we no longer educate safe firearms handeling. Just mention the word gun and the lefty freakos go off like untamed rockets. Even though he was wrong having the gun, just think some safety education might have saved these others from grevious injury. Spad

Ya know what Spad.. Seriously wisen up! You post with having all the info that a firearm is unsafe. Then later you post "oh I didn't hear it was a beretta." You obviously have an issues with Glocks are looking to stir the pot I notice once you found out it was a Beretta that you start to back pedal onto training being an issue. Let's face it you were trying to troll on Glock.

Seriously why don't you just go ahead and help out the folks that want to take away out firearms right by trying to make out that a perfectly safe firearm was the cause of this issue. A Glock is a perfectly safe firearm when handled in a competent manner. Did it ever cross your mind that while being jumbled around in a bag that even a gun with a manual safety could have the safety switched off and discharge. Probably not you were too busy trying to blame it on a Glock.

Way to strum

The manual safety is that thing between you ears that tells you finger to stay off the trigger unless you are ready to fire.

MountainBear, I've carried for a long time. Tried the Glock with a cocked and empty chamber in my cargo pants front pocket, drawing had that trigger click, tried it with keys in that pocket, same thing. Maybe my little 26 had a hair trigger, not the pistol for me. At present I usually carry a Sig in the pocket in the decock position, never a problem.Works for me. When I started this all reports were the pistol was Glock, by now I imagine the media has it a cannon and a mouse was in the backpack and pulled the trigger. ;)Spad

Wow you clearly are a well informed and safe gun owner carrying firearms open in your pocket instead of in a holster in your pocket as any decent firearms instructor would instruct. Thanks for giving ccp owners a great reputation.

UA8, No use arguing with you, you have very limited pre-concieved ideas about firearms carrying. Not trolling, seems that is your problem.Bye:s0112:

What you view as preconceived notions is education, research, training, and experience. In addition I don't go onto forums and make unfounded and false claims on the safety of certain firearms.

Cocked Glock, would it sound nicer if the term in battery for firing was used.The "click" I am writing about was the, "click""the striker makes after the trigger has been pulled". Quote "something in the pocket goes through trigger guard and catches on the trigger". When that happens the gunfires. UA8 would it make you happier if I told you that while carrying in my pocket I use a De Sentis pocket holster, and other types depending on the weapon. A lot of my cargo pants and others have extra cloth of varying types sewn into the pocket so the weapon does not print. I also use a IWP when I feel like it. To the uninitiated, unschooled, inexperienced the Glock is not your friend,that was the point I was trying to make. I hope we can stop the quibbling and move on. Spad

The fact of the matter is that Glock's are perfectly safe and reliable pistols. Some don't like them, that's fine. I don't like XD's very much, but who cares? Glock bashing is antiquated and a waste of time. That's the beauty of having different choices. Spad, if you don't like Glocks, don't buy one but don't blame the weapon for a stupid kid.

And, if you aren't capable of carrying a Glock without it going 'click', then thank you for selling it. Now, leave the rest of us who prefer the most reliable pistol in production alone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top