Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Unsafe Glock

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Spad, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Spad

Spad Kennewick,WA, the desert side Active Member

I don't see anyone bringing up the L.A. school shooting where the boy droppped the bag and the gun went off, a Glock :paranoid:eek:f course, the pistol with out a safety. Don't bring up the safe trigger, that is a joke. Spad

2. tomcat

tomcat oregon coast, coos bay Active Member

shooting happin all the time...most are not talked about......i cant get why there still talking about that last one....thay keep draging it up trying to make
    it look like the guns falt...i bet more kids get stabed in school thin shot...thay better start puting safety's on thim knifes...and de-cockers..HAHAH

3. Ravenous

Ravenous West Linn, OR Member

There are no accidents where guns are involved. Negligence is negligence and he should be prosecuted fully. Also he was 17 and in 10th grade, sounds like a real role model there.

4. Dell_dude

Dell_dude Vancouver, WA Member

There's two possibilities here.

1. That the kid dropped the bag and the gun that was inside the bag went off.

2. That the kid is a dumb*ss that was screwing with a gun inside the bag and he had an ND and concocted a retarded story to keep himself out of trouble.

Occam's razor and all that....

5. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

Indeed.. I am not a fan of Glocks myself. However, as mentioned.. There are astronomical odds against the obvious.. That simply. He was messing with it in the bag and being a dipstick.

6. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The kid should have stolen an XD, then he wouldn't be in this mess!

Just pokin' fun at the Glock guys.

7. I agree that there is no such thing as a Glock "just going off". Assuming he wasn't messing with the gun, there is a more likely scenario for the gun to have fired than cause from being dropped. He probably didn't have it in a holster. A school book is heavy. It's very possible that when he dropped the bag, a book corner fit into the trigger guard and pulled the trigger. Easily more likely than a Glock discharging from being dropped.

8. dolooper

dolooper Coast Range, or thereabouts Well-Known Member

The papers in my desk accidentally caught fire during class.

Now, you could accept my perfectly rational explanation that it was mere coincidence that I happened to be sitting at my desk when the Zippo inexplicably malfunctioned on its own. Or, you could leap to some wildly hare-brained and unsubstantiated speculation that I was playing with the lighter.

I'll leave it to you all to figure out what the school authorities rightly concluded. ;)

9. Mason3379

Mason3379 Oregon City Active Member

Sorry, Dropped my glocks many of times, with no issue. I have had it go end over end down the stairs...........Nothing. I think you need to wait and see, I am sure there is more to this story than is being mentioned!

10. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I have never seen a Glock go off when dropped. I hear kids make up stupid stories to cover their mistakes daily.

I have even heard a few veteran LEO's make up similar stupid stories to explain their ND's.

11. andreys21

andreys21 Milwaukie, OR Active Member

If you guys haven't noticed but there is a movement to make guns look bad, even more so in the light of the Tuscon shooting. The liberal media is doing everything they can to make every story that puts firearms in a bad light a national headline. How about they read the "The Armed Citizen" section in the American Rifleman which happens to be my personal favorite.

12. Dennis316

Dennis316 Seattle Member

first off, it was a beretta he had in his bag according to latest reports. Second! he didnt drop anything, i found it hard to believe that a gun could go off being dropped on the ground, let alone being in a backpack.

most things im hearing say that he reached into his backpack to get something for class and pulled the trigger or something...in SA mode that shouldnt be too hard to do

sadly, this is just more fuel for the anti gun crazies, you can explain to them that this kid was a criminal and stole the gun and even if all guns were banned in california, he would still have it...but nooooooooooooo, logic doesnt work with these people :huh:

13. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

Normally I'd agree with this. But, there is one scenario where a Glock CAN "just go off", although the circumstances have to be just right. The Glock has to be stolen, carried by a 17 y/o 10th grader in an LA school, round in the chamber, in a book bag, and dropped at just the right angle. If ANY of these variables is missing, a Glock won't "just go off".:laugh:

14. Spad

Didn't hear it was a Beretta, latest was he was reaching into the bag. My only point was if it was a Glock, not the gun to put in a backpack or pocket, no manual safety. To say he was dumb, think about we no longer educate safe firearms handeling. Just mention the word gun and the lefty freakos go off like untamed rockets. Even though he was wrong having the gun, just think some safety education might have saved these others from grevious injury. Spad

15. Ethereal

Ethereal Kent, WA Member

It shouldn't matter if it was a Glock or a Beretta, both have firing pin safeties that would prevent an AD if dropped.

16. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

hold on ima go get all my glocks and drop them one by one loaded...

ok well no accidental discharge..

i honestly dont get why so many people talk bad about glocks... perhaps its cause its the most popular/well-known gun out there... so they idiots just say... the suspect had a handgun, believed to be a glock... and killed everyone... then a few weeks later it was a Beretta, or a Smith etc.. but by then no one cares cause the first gun they hear was GLOCK!!!! OMG!!! seriously the media is just one big idiotic circle

17. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Gee, are you sure Glock didn't get bought out by Remington? :bluelaugh:

18. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

Good lord, anybody notice that Glock Guys dont have a sense of humor?

19. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yes I have. It makes me laugh though so it's cool.

20. Spad

Glock gunners have no safety valve,that is why they have no :bluelaugh::bluelaugh::bluelaugh::bluelaugh::bluelaugh::bluelaugh::bluelaugh:humor.Hahhhahhhaa