JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
shooting happin all the time...most are not talked about......i cant get why there still talking about that last one....thay keep draging it up trying to make
it look like the guns falt...i bet more kids get stabed in school thin shot...thay better start puting safety's on thim knifes...and de-cockers..HAHAH

There's two possibilities here.

1. That the kid dropped the bag and the gun that was inside the bag went off.

2. That the kid is a dumb*ss that was screwing with a gun inside the bag and he had an ND and concocted a retarded story to keep himself out of trouble.

Occam's razor and all that....

A Glock cannot go off when dropped.

The trigger block has to be disengaged for the trigger to be pulled.

The trigger has to be pulled in order for the striker block to be disengaged.

The trigger has to be pulled in order for the striker to be fully pulled to the rear so there is enough spring force on the striker to set off a primer.

The odds of anything in a bag, even through the trigger guard, oriented in such a way as to disengage the block and cause the trigger to be pulled under the weight of the gun or stuff in the bag is astronomical at the least.

The Glock did not go off when dropped.

Just my opinion.

Indeed.. I am not a fan of Glocks myself. However, as mentioned.. There are astronomical odds against the obvious.. That simply. He was messing with it in the bag and being a dipstick.

I agree that there is no such thing as a Glock "just going off". Assuming he wasn't messing with the gun, there is a more likely scenario for the gun to have fired than cause from being dropped. He probably didn't have it in a holster. A school book is heavy. It's very possible that when he dropped the bag, a book corner fit into the trigger guard and pulled the trigger. Easily more likely than a Glock discharging from being dropped.

The papers in my desk accidentally caught fire during class.

Now, you could accept my perfectly rational explanation that it was mere coincidence that I happened to be sitting at my desk when the Zippo inexplicably malfunctioned on its own. Or, you could leap to some wildly hare-brained and unsubstantiated speculation that I was playing with the lighter.

I'll leave it to you all to figure out what the school authorities rightly concluded. ;)

Sorry, Dropped my glocks many of times, with no issue. I have had it go end over end down the stairs...........Nothing. I think you need to wait and see, I am sure there is more to this story than is being mentioned!

I have never seen a Glock go off when dropped. I hear kids make up stupid stories to cover their mistakes daily.

I have even heard a few veteran LEO's make up similar stupid stories to explain their ND's.

If you guys haven't noticed but there is a movement to make guns look bad, even more so in the light of the Tuscon shooting. The liberal media is doing everything they can to make every story that puts firearms in a bad light a national headline. How about they read the "The Armed Citizen" section in the American Rifleman which happens to be my personal favorite.

first off, it was a beretta he had in his bag according to latest reports. Second! he didnt drop anything, i found it hard to believe that a gun could go off being dropped on the ground, let alone being in a backpack.

most things im hearing say that he reached into his backpack to get something for class and pulled the trigger or something...in SA mode that shouldnt be too hard to do

sadly, this is just more fuel for the anti gun crazies, you can explain to them that this kid was a criminal and stole the gun and even if all guns were banned in california, he would still have it...but nooooooooooooo, logic doesnt work with these people :huh:

A Glock cannot go off when dropped.

The trigger block has to be disengaged for the trigger to be pulled.

The trigger has to be pulled in order for the striker block to be disengaged.

The trigger has to be pulled in order for the striker to be fully pulled to the rear so there is enough spring force on the striker to set off a primer.

The odds of anything in a bag, even through the trigger guard, oriented in such a way as to disengage the block and cause the trigger to be pulled under the weight of the gun or stuff in the bag is astronomical at the least.

The Glock did not go off when dropped.

Just my opinion.

Normally I'd agree with this. But, there is one scenario where a Glock CAN "just go off", although the circumstances have to be just right. The Glock has to be stolen, carried by a 17 y/o 10th grader in an LA school, round in the chamber, in a book bag, and dropped at just the right angle. If ANY of these variables is missing, a Glock won't "just go off".:s0114:

Didn't hear it was a Beretta, latest was he was reaching into the bag. My only point was if it was a Glock, not the gun to put in a backpack or pocket, no manual safety. To say he was dumb, think about we no longer educate safe firearms handeling. Just mention the word gun and the lefty freakos go off like untamed rockets. Even though he was wrong having the gun, just think some safety education might have saved these others from grevious injury. Spad

hold on ima go get all my glocks and drop them one by one loaded...

ok well no accidental discharge..

i honestly dont get why so many people talk bad about glocks... perhaps its cause its the most popular/well-known gun out there... so they idiots just say... the suspect had a handgun, believed to be a glock... and killed everyone... then a few weeks later it was a Beretta, or a Smith etc.. but by then no one cares cause the first gun they hear was GLOCK!!!! OMG!!! seriously the media is just one big idiotic circle

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top