JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
These muffs have 900+ reviews on Amazon with 4.5/5 stars. I ordered them because of the high number of positive reviews, for many people saying they're used for shooting, and the NRR rating of 30. I ordered two pairs and they arrived today. But now I am concerned with the following message on the box:

"For noise environments dominated by frequencies bellow 500 Hz, the C weighted environmental noise level should be used. Although hearing protectors can be recommended for protection against the harmful effects of impulsive noise, the noise reduction rating (NRR) is based on the attenuation of continuous noise and may not be an accurate indicator of the protection attainable against impulsive noise such as gunfire."

I am a bit disappointed. Nowhere was this message found on the Amazon specs page OR on the 3M website. Are these safe? I very much value by hearing because I already have a mild case of tinnitus, and what to protect my hearing at all costs.

The ones I wear are. I use the SV Tactical Pro.

I've had them for several years and no problems whatsoever, pistols or rifle.
Our instructor at the Washington State criminal justice training commission range in Burien wears a pair just like mine, though his are more beat up.

The 105's? Wish I could help, I just saw the model number up in the thread title...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top