JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Guys I need some help here. My neighbor has an old (1974) Ruger .357 revolver that was given to her by her mother. Her mother told her that her step dad had it for years and it was their nightstand gun. Problem is he died some years back and there is no paperwork to be found.

My friend has a new glock and wants to sell this revolver so she can stock up on range ammo. :D

How do we do this in the State of Washington?

post a add in wts and sell it to any qualified (legal to own) person no big deal. no paperwork unless you want a bos for your records required. glwts

Does Washington required weapons to be registered? If you're curious about the weapon, just to be safe and cover yourself, you could contact the Sheriffs Dept. and have them run the serial # prior to selling it.

it's soooo ooold it probably won't work, give you a hundred for it

(if you don't know the grammatical difference between "sale" and "sell" you will fall for this)

There is NO state registry. As said above just write up a Bill of Sale for your records (can get a template off internet) and make sure the person is legal to purchase.

If you're exceptionally paranoid just run it through a local dealer for $20-30 fee. You can find dealers on Gunbroker.com and they'll run the sale and paperwork for you.

As stated above there is no registration of this type of firearm. Simply create an ad here in the classifieds and sell it for what you want. If you need a Bill of sale for records or to cover you, simply fill one of these out.... <broken link removed> BOS's are not required, just be sure you sell to someone who is legal to purchase.

There is a WA state handgun registry, it's that extra form you fill out at the gun shop for WA. The nice thing is that there is no mandatory registration when selling the gun, so if you do your thing and not knowingly sell to a prohibited person, you're fine.

Wrong.
This is NOT a registry. Do they send you a title? Do you take a title to the next person when you want to sell it?
No to both, correct? Not a registry. (got that from Nwcid,lol)
And this does not happen with face to face sales= no registry

That is a state form and if you have a CCP there is a record of the sale with the state,but it is not a registry. You DO NOT have to file any papers with this state to transfer the sale of any gun in a personal sale.
In fact all that happens if you sell it to a dealer is it gets logged into the GS's federal book........not any state book.

So $300 is kinda cheap to start at but would be a great price for the buyer,if the gun is in 'good' condition. Perfect condition should be closer to $400. A gun shop may give you about $225 tops since they kinda like to make profits for some reason.
I bout one of those from a member (whaler) here and it was a great shooter.Accurate too.

Good luck with your sale.

That is a state form and if you have a CCP there is a record of the sale with the state, but it is not a registry.
And you believe that they don't keep a record, right? I don't trust the government THAT much!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

And you believe that they don't keep a record, right? I don't trust the government THAT much!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Oh no I don't believe that. That's what I said "there is a record with the state". The guy who shot up the coffee shop in Seattle was proof there was.
They told the police what guns he may have from what he had used his carry permit to buy..........in the 80's.
Yeah there is a trail if you have a carry permit for sure.
Still not a registry,per say

I knew this guy when I lived in Lewis County. He had a cpl but all his pistols were bought before hand..... so they can only assume you have a pistol since you bought the license right?
Now me, I know my EBR lower is on a list because I bought it through an FFL from Aero P. Even though it is "registered" as a rifle. I am guessing BATF has a memory longer than the IRS but that's just my thoughts.
Buy a rifle/ shotgun from Walmart...serial number gets written down??? I wouldn't know.

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads