JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love a happy ending!:D
One dead baddy, that's a good score in my book!
Take your life in your hands doing bad, expect to pay with your life! This should be the standard here, baddies th at fear the normal people enough that they don't want to risk death or dismemberment!

I asked Mrs308 what was important there. She said having a round in the chamber.

She is coming around nicely IMO :)

Considering the number of cops vs regular people, why do we just hear about the off-duty cop shootings? There has gotta be regular people shootings.
Most would-be attacks on an armed citizen end because the bad guy flees, and there is no shooting. I've experienced four of these--two attempted home invasions, one accidental interruption of a burglary where burglar's initial response was to drop loot and charge me, and one attempted rape of a young woman outside the boarding house where I then lived. All would-be attackers fled with no shots fired. Only two of the four did I even report. The police are required to capture criminals, and this means tactics designed to prevent rather than encourage running. Most criminals, given the option of running versus fighting it out, will run. LE does not give them that option.

An added issue--the place where I intervened to prevent the rape had laws making my possession of a handgun a mandatory minimum one year in jail. So if I reported it I would have certainly gone to jail. The would-be rapist probably not. If I had been required to shoot the rapist, I would have had to flee myself, and the dead rapist would have appeared to be a homicide, not a shooting in self defense or legitimate defense of others. In that state, probably every legitimate self defense use of a handgun involved a gun that was owned or carried illegally. So all such events are unreported if no shots are fired, or, if shots are fired, look like homicides.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads