JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, I got down to the bottom of the hill at the creek where I found them. Wasn`t able to get any really good photos (no new tracks, only the remains of what were there) but here`s one of the area itself:
View attachment 274143
This is what was left of the partially-submerged track, it was mostly washed away and I`m not 100% sure how well it shows up in the photo itself so I tried to show the general shape with my impeccable MS Paint skills.
View attachment 274144

View attachment 274143

View attachment 274144
A duck, turkey, and deer combined?

I`m not an Ornithologist but have never heard of a Wild Turkey in my area outside a bottle.

See page 14 of the document below. Wild Turkeys are not common in Pierce County, but are found occasionally.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/prospects/2014/district11.pdf

We had a pair of wild turkeys show up in our yard down here in Oregon a few years ago, eating the birdseed we had in the yard. Dumbest pair of animals I've ever seen. One flew up on our roof and was stuck there for hours, apparently forgetting how to get down and making a bunch of noise talking to his buddy.

Ardea herodias, Great Blue Heron. You didn't state the dimensions, but should be about hand-sized for a mature bird.

The streamside location is another giveaway, they are riparian feeders.
I was just down there about 15 minutes ago, sadly no new tracks. I`ll look into the Great Blue Heron.

I'm for Blue Heron. We've got them here by the hundreds. I call them "Crap-a-Gallons" because they do....:eek:
Around salt water, they eat a lot of snails and when their system dissolves them, they squirt liquid concrete.:eek::eek:
Woe unto those that let it set up on their boats, for they shall be known as "Scrapers.":p:p:p

Deer.
Must be fairly heavy if the tracks were pushed deep. And your tracing looks like hooves to me.
o_O
Can I have a toke off that pipe?
img00207.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR