JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I inherited this 7.62x39 magazine and have no idea what it fits. I appreciate any assistance I get Thanks

A266C5C6-D6DF-42F2-A9B5-A01AB9ADCB1C.jpeg 2447BE3B-E636-42E3-A444-37FFF06D0822.jpeg

I inherited this 7.62x39 magazine and have no idea what it fits. I appreciate any assistance I get Thanks

View attachment 716246 View attachment 716247
Looks like an SKS magazine with the duckbill cut off, my father had one like that for his Norinco SKS.(ours still had the duckbill)
Ours never worked right, only held about 5-6 rounds but was easily long enough to fit 30 rounds of 7.62x39, would not feed in our Norinco.
I believe these came out before the tapco magazines for SKS.

Cobray Zytel, as I recall. They made them with the "duckbill", as well as some without. Those required another piece that was permanently attached to the rifle, that the front of the magazine locked into. They were pretty junky.

Back in the early '90s, prices of AKs were high due to the ban, but SKSs were cheap. I remember seeing crates full at gun shows for $60 each. They were the "poor man's AK", and everyone wanted to doll them up with big mags and plastic stocks for a wannabee AK.

Found a pic of one just like the one we used to have. Yours looks like the same but without the duckbill, this one is 40 round, yours would be a 20 or 15 most likely judging by the length. CLT65 is right about them being Zytel, at least they aren't made of Delrin.
sks40rd.jpg

Last Edited:
Found a pic of one just like the one we used to have. Yours looks like the same but without the duckbill, this one is 40 round, yours would be a 20 or 15 most likely judging by the length. CLT65 is right about them being Zytel, at least they aren't made of Delrin.

sks40rd.jpg

Looks like one for a Norinco SKS. Problem with those is that the ammo creates a pretty heavy load and sometimes the SKS can't support it. Especially one with a bit of wear down there where the mag goes in. Might drop out occasionally when you fire a round.

Cobray Zytel, as I recall. They made them with the "duckbill", as well as some without. Those required another piece that was permanently attached to the rifle, that the front of the magazine locked into. They were pretty junky.

Back in the early '90s, prices of AKs were high due to the ban, but SKSs were cheap. I remember seeing crates full at gun shows for $60 each. They were the "poor man's AK", and everyone wanted to doll them up with big mags and plastic stocks for a wannabee AK.
View attachment 716425

sks40rd.jpg

Looks like one for a Norinco SKS. Problem with those is that the ammo creates a pretty heavy load and sometimes the SKS can't support it. Especially one with a bit of wear down there where the mag goes in. Might drop out occasionally when you fire a round.

Maybe, I thought about that but I'm not so sure. SKS mags have a locking lug that slopes and then at the bottom has a protruding "tit" (see profile below), the mag in the OP does not appears to have have this, it just slopes with no protrusion (or maybe it is just the angle of the photo.) :s0092:

OP maybe post more pictures looking at the back and front of the mag.

20NEW%20Zytel%20Hi-Cap%20-%2030%20Round%20Magazine.jpg

NEW%20Zytel%20Hi-Cap%20-%2030%20Round%20Magazine_3.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews