JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dang that cuts out most of my limited vocabulary.

But I have faith in the human race I bet in less than a week they will come up with new statements or comebacks that will also offend and have to be removed from our speech.

America is becoming a bunch of thin skinned babies and if this is what becoming a civilized society is then I want nothing to do with it.

Civilized society = Government controlled slavery

IMG_3384.JPG

You do understand that the First Amendment only applies to government entities and public forums?

E.G., if you come to my house and start shouting racial slurs, and I tell you to stop or leave, you cannot claim I am infringing on your free speech rights because my house is not a public forum and I can control all speech here however I want to.

You do understand that the First Amendment only applies to government entities and public forums?
Yes, I worded that poorly. And come to think of it doesn't the 1st Amendment only apply to laws made by congress? Never the less I think it would be naive to believe the university is not doing this for the sole purpose of indoctrinating the "good little slaves."

E.G., if you come to my house and start shouting racial slurs, and I tell you to stop or leave, you cannot claim I am infringing on your free speech rights because my house is not a public forum and I can control all speech here however I want to.
Not quite. If I'm in your home what can you do to infringe upon my free speech? Forcibly throw me out? How does that keep me from using my free speech? You can control if I stay or not but you can't stop me from saying what I want.

Oh my friends, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Collage campuses have become a poisonous space in many places not just in the US but in EU too. Plenty of bleed-over into high school and lower as well.

They're called Social Justice Warriors (SJWs) and... yeah if you don't already know, get some bleach ready because you're gonna get thirsty learning about this freaking insanity.

Here's a starting point. I'm sorry in advance.
Long story short, 2A is by far not the only liberty that's under attack, and people around the country are advocating IN FAVOR of racial segregation. Also, straight white males are apparently the devil now?

Yes, I worded that poorly. And come to think of it doesn't the 1st Amendment only apply to laws made by congress? Never the less I think it would be naive to believe the university is not doing this for the sole purpose of indoctrinating the "good little slaves."

Not quite. If I'm in your home what can you do to infringe upon my free speech? Forcibly throw me out? How does that keep me from using my free speech? You can control if I stay or not but you can't stop me from saying what I want.
Not just Convress but any entity that ultimately derives power from congress so public schools are bound by the second amendment. Private schools are not.

In that perspective, no one, not even government, can infringe on your rights - they can only punish you for exercising them.

Just the same, it has a "chilling effect", and is considered to be infringing on your rights when the government does it.

The fact that a college does it is no different from any other private non-governmental org doing it, and even government orgs can do it to a certain extent if you are their employee - e.g., you cannot say certain things at the workplace without repercussions, and you cannot endorse products or issues as an official/et. al. of the government (you can do it as a private citizen).

I am sure everyone here understands this, it is just a pet peeve of mine when I hear someone pronounce their rights are being infringed by a NGO entity, when they are not.

I have little concern about activities on college campuses. I can't remember the last time I was on one. I have little concern about speaking with radical SJW minorities. I can't remember the last time I met one. I think these stories are way over-reported for sake of journalist sensationalism.

Never forget that the words diversity and divide have the same root and ultimately the same meaning. We need to bring the melting pot back and simply enjoy and appreciate what each new culture adds for all of us.

I have little concern about activities on college campuses. I can't remember the last time I was on one. I have little concern about speaking with radical SJW minorities. I can't remember the last time I met one. I think these stories are way over-reported for sake of journalist sensationalism.

Except they are indoctrinating the next generation of voters. Ever wonder how supposedly educated, reasonably intelligent adults can vote for some of the sheer insanity politicians come up with?

In that perspective, no one, not even government, can infringe on your rights - they can only punish you for exercising them.
Hmmm... So it looks like I might be confusing "infringing upon" with "taking away"? And yes, I do believe the govt does try to punish us for exercising our rights.

Cognitive dissonance?

Rights are a 17th Century meme that fly in the face of reality. All that matters is power and will. Nope, no unicorns...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top