JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Man, this is just more bad news that will help the anti-gun folks here in the Northwest.

A smart 19 yr old University of Washington Student, who was due to start his Sophomore year this coming Fall, went berserk Friday night this weekend after his 18 year old girlfriend, who just graduated from high school this year, broke up with him a week ago. He is said to have been an excellent student studying Computer Science, and had been working in tech support for Apple Computer this summer.

After the breakup, he went out and bought a Ruger AR-15, and then went to this party Friday night where there were over 20 people that had all graduated from his ex-girlfriend's high school with his girlfriend. He also killed his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend, and also a second male who lived at the house where the party took place.

This kid was not stupid or mentally challenged. Far from it, in fact. And here he throws his whole life away, as well as the lives of 3 other young people, all over sex. He had an expensive sports car, a promising career. Everything to look forward to in life. Why do such a thing?

Reports have been posted online spreading rumors that his family had come to the USA because they were involved with the Russian Mafia. But I can find nothing to verify whether those rumors may or may not be accurate.

I think that this incident just goes further to show that there indeed are young adults who are not yet emotionally mature. They still have immature, irrational thinking going on inside their head.

His last post on Twitter was: "What is Ruger going to think?"

Here is a detailed news report:

Ex-girlfriend and two friends 'murdered' by popular UW student (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3715831/City-officials-3-dead-1-hurt-shooting-north-Seattle.html)

Some more info here:

Why did Allen Ivanov target Chennault Mukilteo house party in shooting? (http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2016/07/allen-ivanov-chennault-mukilteo-shooting-three-dead/)

Here is a photo of the killer. He enjoyed photography, and owned an expensive professional Canon camera and lenses. I've been into photography my entire life, and I have never owned gear at this expensive level.

shooter_him-1.jpg

He had such an extremely affluent lifestyle for a 19 yr old. Did he get too much, too early in life?

He drove this expensive 2016 Subaru high performance WRX Sports Car:

shooter_car2.jpg

His family must be very rich to lavish all of this expensive stuff on him.

Just a couple of days before the murders, he posted this photo below on Instagram, of his Ruger AR-15.

Note that there are 3 bullets next to the rifle. It seems to me that he must of had 3 specific people in mind that he wanted dead. It is said that he fired about 20 rounds altogether.

shooter_rifle3.jpg

Last Edited:
Federal law (and WA state law) allows an 18 y.o. (and older) non-prohibited person to buy a rifle from an FFL (store). The buyer must fill out form 4473 and under go a background check prior to taking possession of the rifle.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
As for the incident.

Yes, the murder of anyone is a bad thing. And, I have sympathy for the dead, the family, the friends and those who grieve over the lives that were lost.

However......

To suggest that I have to give up my right to own firearms (in this case an AR15) just because a murderer used a firearm......well, it's unacceptable to me. My guns haven't been used to murder anyone. And when you think about it....the act of murder is already against the law. A person pulled the trigger. Assuming that the sale was legal, the accountability for the murder lays with him.

++++++++

Federal law states that an FFL can only transfer a handgun to a non-prohibited person 21 and older.

Speaking only of WA......prior to I-594, a non-prohibited person (18 and over) could buy/own a handgun through a private sale.

After I-594, because all transfers (including pvt sales) must go through an FFL........well, the FFL can't transfer a handgun to someone under 21 y.o.

So, an 18 y.o. person could join the US military and be old enough to die for this country but, they're considered to be too young to own a handgun.o_O

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
As for the incident.

Yes, the murder of anyone is a bad thing. And, I have sympathy for the dead, the family, the friends and those who grieve over the lives that were lost.

However......

To suggest that I have to give up my right to own firearms (in this case an AR15) just because a murderer used a firearm......well, it's unacceptable to me. My guns haven't been used to murder anyone. And when you think about it....the act of murder is already against the law. A person pulled the trigger. That's is where the accountability ends.

Not one of my firearms, nor those belonging to the 59000 other handgun owners in this country, ever hurt anybody. It was a corrupt chief constable, probably deeply involved in a nationwide paedophile ring, who permitted the murderer of sixteen first grade children and their teacher to retain his handguns against the advice of his own officers.

tac

Oh?

Do tell.

tac
His statement apologizing to Ruger was rather cryptic. I wonder if his parents are anti-gun civil rights lawyers.

It sure seems that the media and society in general (o snap) flock to stories that have a hook (oh, he's cute and smart and and and!)
If the joker had looked like Jonbenét Ramsey we'd have to give up all our guns. lol

th?&id=OIP.M8785867e29b3295a64b3fce6c5d6a85fo2&w=300&h=173&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

yawn

No hard-luck story there then - straight A student, rich, pampered, good career in front of him, beautiful gals flocking at his feet.

Only thing was,that he had a brain overruled by his dick and his ego.

He didn't even have the guts to blow his brilliant brains all over the countryside and save the state of Oregon from paying for the rest of his sorry life.

OTOH, I'm very happy that he didn't have a shoot-out with the police, causing even more casualties.

tac

Last Edited:
We need to have a national, common sense discussion on why we keep raising pathetic little loses who are so thin skinned, they snap at the first hint of adversity or rejection.

We need to have a national, common sense discussion on why we keep raising pathetic little loses who are so thin skinned, they snap at the first hint of adversity or rejection.
This is in my opinion a major problem with society right now, not just with parenting but with schooling and the work place. Parents baby their kids instead of disciplining them, school lacks the structure to keep fire starters in line, and the work place instructs you to run screaming with your arms in the air at the first hint of trouble. As much as these stories infuriate me I find myself asking the question is the majority of these cases the person or a system that encourages all to NOT defend themselves, and never question their logic/polices. The agenda seems to be vilify the kid who makes a poptart gun rather than focus on the real issues.:(

Hint: It's the kind of molly coddling, pampering parents that refuse to discipline their child in any way whatsoever and instead "let them find their own way". The type of kids that are raised with sports that give "participation" trophies, and are taught that sticks and stones CAN break your bones and that everyone must not only care about your feelings but acknowledge them as well.

In short, most of the current millennial, social justice warriors.

I'm not jumping on the false flag crazy train, but it certainly is eerie that another one of these happens, in the same general region, before another election, with another GC initiative on the ballot.

Hint: It's the kind of molly coddling, pampering parents that refuse to discipline their child in any way whatsoever and instead "let them find their own way". The type of kids that are raised with sports that give "participation" trophies, and are taught that sticks and stones CAN break your bones and that everyone must not only care about your feelings but acknowledge them as well.

In short, most of the current millennial, social justice warriors.

Everyone has to kiss everyone's left ankle over their "feelings". Welcome to the real world where someone's "hurt feelings" really don't amount to much. The world rushes on, and people live, as well as expire, unnoticed. Everyone wants their "fifteen minutes of fame" regardless of how it is obtained. This "special snowflake" had it all, then threw it all away because the world didn't do absolutely everything his way.

Osarion is right. Every time the millennial "social justice warriors" are thwarted, someone "wets their pants" and throws a hissy fit. This is just another narcissitic spoiled brat that flew off the handle because the world didn't do/see everything precisely as they wanted, when they wanted. Someone needs to add some Chlorine to the "gene pool".

Because of our "understanding" society, the prisons are full of them.

I'm not jumping on the false flag crazy train, but it certainly is eerie that another one of these happens, in the same general region, before another election, with another GC initiative on the ballot.
You are right on the money. Some day they will be able to prove that something is going on with these "shootings" that are somehow perfectly timed with elections and legislation.

Here's a novel thought....Reinstate the draft, and use the extra man and woman power to go after ISIS. I am sure there is a nice beach to hit with AMTRACS in Syria on the coast.
Because clearly a number of these whack jobs need a little discipline and direction in their lives.

Brutus Out

..."This kid was not stupid or mentally challenged..." I completely disagree with that statement simply by his actions.

Was he a sociopath? A psychopath? Schizophrenic? Etc. What were his parents involvement in him buying & storing the gun. ie did they know he had it?

Did they know he was not in the frame of mind to responsibly own one? If not, why not. If so...well...they are equally if not moreso culpable IMO.

The brief post above in regards to his "extremely affluent lifestyle" leads me to believe he had one if not several social or psychological disorders.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top