Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

University Admin. Threatens 1st and 2nd Amendment Activists

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by erudne, Oct 15, 2014.

1. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Officials at a public university in Oregon threatened to call the police on students handing out the U.S. Constitution on campus because they refused to do so in the school’s “free speech area.”
    According to Campus Reform, which obtained video of the incident, the group of four students were distributing copies of the Constitution out last Tuesday when they were confronted by administrators at Southern Oregon University.
    Footage of the extensive encounter depicts multiple college administrators tell the students that passing out Constitutions in the public area is against school policy and not allowed.
    “I would very much like you to leave, if you would, please, because the students have the right to be able to come by here without you guys, you know, invading their space and asking them to do something,” Tim Robitz, director of university housing, told the students.
    “We have our free speech zone. I understand that you may not like it, but that’s where it is,” Allyson Beck, the school’s family housing coordinator, also told the students.
    The students, affiliated with the group Students for Concealed Carry, refused to comply with the instructions, contending they are unconstitutional.
    “Thank you for coming down here and explaining to us the unconstitutional policies here on campus, but we’re not going to move,” one of the students told an administrator.
    At multiple points in the video, students unsuccessfully attempted to explain to the officials that because they were on public property, they were legally entitled to protections provided by the First Amendment.
    Campus police never appeared to arrive at the scene and the group never complied with the orders to halt their activities.
    “Caging students in censorship zones flies in the face of the First Amendment…”
    Share:
    Group member Stephanie Keaveney later told Campus Reform that the group “encountered wild accusations” because they were pro-gun.
    “Administrators accused us of causing an immediate panic for the safety of students in the face of gun violence, or the promotion of such,” she said.
    David Hacker, senior legal counsel for the Alliance Defending Freedom, told Campus Reform school administrators were legally wrong.
    “Caging students in censorship zones flies in the face of the First Amendment and undermines the reason for education,” he said. “Colleges and universities are and should be the marketplace of ideas, and the Constitution protects the speech rights of everyone, not just groups or students that a few university officials personally choose.”

2. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

This flys in the face of everything this nation stands for and was founded on.
    Those admins deserve to be in stocks and on display in the town square and then never be allowed on public education property again. SOC is a left wing cesspool as it is.

Caveman Jim and BoonDocks36 like this.
  3. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

its what the left wants. the students need to fight

Caveman Jim and U201491 like this.
  4. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

I'm ashamed of this being in Oregon. :(

U201491 likes this.
  5. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Here is the video of the SOSCNazi's trying to push these students around. Good on the students for standing their ground!

U201491 likes this.
  6. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Tick, tick, tick

U201491 likes this.
  7. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Now if they were walking around espousing out LOUD about being gay, gay rights, driver licenses for illegal immigrants, pro-abortion issues, meat is murder please don't eat my chicken named Snow, or stumping for the jackass party.... they would have received college funding, positive media coverage, and lauded to the high heavens about how "brave" they were.

8. 3MTA3

You can carve that in stone...

Caveman Jim likes this.
  9. scrandall01215

scrandall01215 Washougal,WA Well-Known Member

I think they did a good job. They handled themselves in a polite enough manner but still stood their ground.
    It's was funny the last guy kept saying they had policy in place but the university staff couldn't explain why. But it is there for a reason who no s why. I guess we'll never know.
    The staff new the students were correct but still tried to bully and threaten them.
    We need more young people standing up as these did. I applaud them. Good job!!!'!!!

Stacy

Caveman Jim likes this.
  10. Stomper

It's really not that scary to confront progressive-liberal drones.

Their world is built on empty dogma that is inflated by hot air and forced perceptions. They're easily deflated with a toothpick, and will not survive a real jihad WHEN it comes to these shores in earnest.

They'll be BEGGING the "John Waynes" to save them.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  11. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Not scary but incredibly annoying. I've really backed off lately and only engage one if I see a good opening. I love to lay a seed or two of doubt in their minds that they may just have been spoon fed a pack of progressive lies all along. The confused worried looks on their faces!

Many have been so insulated from opposing views that the most basic of counter arguments to global warming, guns, the education system, racism etc. is something brand new and really scary to them.

I'm sure they revert back as soon as they are safely back with their own kind. A thorough de-programming would be required to bring them back to a critical thinking human being.

They have been assimilated:eek:

Stomper, 3MTA3 and Caveman Jim like this.
  12. Stomper

And WHEN a jihadi gets a hold of them, they won't like the method of "deprogramming" that gets used, either.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  13. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Oh, those bastions of free speech.
    Gotta love those liberal arts folks.

14. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

You're hitting these out of the park!
    Last two comments rocked :)

15. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Jihadists don't care who they blow up but a liberal will befriend them where a conservative would send them to hell, no passing go, no collecting $200 and no 72 virgins because the bullets were dipped in bacon grease!!!!!!!:mad:

U201491 and Stomper like this.
  16. 3MTA3

I thought that holding hands and singing Kumbaya fixed everything...

U201491 and Stomper like this.
  17. Stomper

It does fix everything... for the enemy.

3MTA3 likes this.
  18. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

us-free-speech-zone.jpg
    Of course Hawaii and Alaska are also invited.

19. Stomper

NICE!!

20. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

:s0101::s0113:
    Now I have sore ribs from laughing so hard......................ouch ROFLMAO