JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Yes or no universal background checks

• Yes universal background checks

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 84 90.3%

• Total voters
I agree with you. Anyone who believes "most gun owners are ok with nearly universal background checks" either needs to find new friends who own firearms or has a very naive group of associates. Any additional background check system put in place will just be a stepping stone to some form of registration, higher fees and further restrictions as the Government begins to realize just how many guns there are in American. The FFL checks didn't start until what, 1968? Now how many firearms do many of us have that go back before that time?

Was the personal attack really necessary? I revised my statement above. I am not naive to what the Obama and his cronies want and my friends and I are all firearms enthusiasts. I was only throwing out an idea, not endorsing the concept of universal background checks. Under current law, you have go through a background check every time you buy a brand new firearm. That record is kept for 20 years, and if the FFL goes under, those records go to the BATFE. If you don;t want any records kept, you ave to buy everything secondhand. Te system sucks as it stands. I would prefer a system where no record of my purchase was kept if I choose to buy the latest and greatest new firearm. That is all I'm advocating here.

I don't want any new gun laws and I am writing our reps regularly to tell them so. Let's not attack each other simply for having a discussion among peers. We're all on the same team. If you don't agree with what my suggestion, fine, make a counter-argument. There's no need for name calling here.

I support background checks - as an abstract idea that serial killers should face difficulties obtaining firearms, etc.

In reality this is just an episode in the total war against guns. Give them background checks - the next agenda item will be banning "high-cap" (12 rounds) magazines, and so forth.

Instead of discussing background checks, the gun community should mount an offense and propose laws like abolishing the $200 class III federal tax, allowing responsible citizens to own fully-automatic weapons, etc. Maybe none of that can realistically happen, but the discussion should be about enabling rights and freedoms, not infringing on them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top