JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
just got 4 #'s of this for some lighter 357 loads i usually load 14gr of 2400 under any 158gr but they are kinda hard on the hand so i figured i would give something else a try to make my range outings more pleasant .

anyone care to share there data with this powder?

i have loaded a few 125gr xtp's but also plan to use it with 158's

here's what i have brewed so far (untested) not gonna be able to make it out until the weather gets a little nicer.

125gr xtp
wsp primer
9gr unique
1.590 oal
crimped with lee factory crimp die (about 1/4 turn)

i am shooting them out of a 2" sp101

I get some of my best accuracy with Unique in the .357. I am currently loading 7 gr. of Unique with 125 gr. Laser Cast SWC bullets. Very accurate - especially out of my 16" Winchester Trapper.

that is what i understand, it is also supposed to be a very good short barrel powder from what i read.
kinda wondering if the 9gr that i chose to start with is a little high though.

yikes !

some folks enjoy heavy hitters out of a snubby.I'm just not into pain,lol

for sure ,try them before u load a ton of them and develop a really bad flinch .

for sure, i am gonna load a 3 different weights 10 of each ill shoot 5 of each through the chrony and a 5 shot group. whichever one i get the best results with i will keep. wont be near as bad as the 2400 with 14gr i am pushing a 158gr bullet at about 1190 fps and those are definately hard on the palms but i will use them for hunting. that is my favorite so far with the 2400 and i have loaded quite a few of those just looking for something lighter to make my range time more pleasant

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top