JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK, It's been a few years, since I read this Novel.
Unintended Consequences, By John Ross.

I loved it. It covers, Shooting sports history. Legal and political issues about firearms. How the jews were obliterated, because of gun confiscation, and how some fought back. Gun culture. Our own current legal issues about owning NFA weapons. About a guy fighting back against the ATF, and fighting his own Vigilante war against crime. It was one of the best books I ever read!

I forget all the finer points about the book, but I would highly reccomend it. I loaned my copy out, and never got it back.

I just wanted to see who all from NWFA has read this epic novel.

Comments?

looks like a great book... i'd like to give it a read. wow the lowest price is $66 on Amazon. are there any better deals?

maybe i'll wait for the softcover release.

While it sounds like a good book and I would not mind reading it, Amazon lists it at about $80 used.

NWFA Book Share Program.....

Last time I read it, I borrowed it from the Beaverton library. I was shocked they even had such hateful subversive rightwing propaganda in the stacks!

Great read, I learned so much about firearms from this book.

Reviving this thread :)

So how many have read the book, and if so, how many times?

As for me, I'm thoroughly enjoying my third romp through the story. I love this book and the characters.

What I find as I pick it up again, and in light of all the BS 'common sense' gun law chanting by the useful idiots amongst us (yes Phloyd, I'm referring to you and your traitorous pals) is this book is timely even after sitting on my shelf un loved for the past 8-yrs.

If you haven't read it, get it and read it...after all its only the cost of two bricks of 22 :)

I read it many years ago when it first came out.

I liked the story, but the conclusion or premise or whatever, that you should kill/assassinate gov. bureaucrats if they hassle you was not something I advocate and it was disturbing that so many gun rights people thought this was such a good book for that reason.

Sounds like a great book, I'll have to see if the library carries it.
Salutes to you for being the first one to suggest this. When I moved to Medford, the first thing I looked for were the public libraries.

I was amazed and horrified to find that many people here see them as a waste of money. The "deliverance" banjo started twanging in my head.

It is sad to see how few people are at the library when I bring my kids.

I read it many years ago when it first came out.

I liked the story, but the conclusion or premise or whatever, that you should kill/assassinate gov. bureaucrats if they hassle you was not something I advocate and it was disturbing that so many gun rights people thought this was such a good book for that reason.
I understand your point, however, I would not characterize the actions of the bureaucrats as hassling people. They were in fact hunting down law abiding people and killing them.

Read it for the first time back in '97. Awesome book with a lot of history anecdotes. Recently re-read it, and highly recommend it. Get the pdf reader version and read it on your tablet, or get the real deal....you can't go wrong either way.

Looks like I should have taken better care of mine. It's a bit dog-eared
and dirty, probably from being read half a dozen times.

Looks like it's out there as a pdf.

<broken link removed>

An FYI:

1. John still writes, look on Internet.

2. He makes his living as a Writer.

3. He has PUBLICLY Anounced, MANY TIMES, that the PDF's floating on the Internet Are NOT by his permission, and he shuts down websites that illegally offer his book.

It is Well Known, how much he has endured, in writing this book, the Law, BATFE, Etc. hurrasing him...

Do him a favor, buy Authorized Editions...

Just help out this Patriotic Writer.

philip

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR