JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello-

This info has likely been posted before but I've had a heck of a time finding a solid answer.

I called the Washington county Sheriffs office today to ask on the legalities of discharging an air rifle on private property. The officer looked up my address and said that it is legal but I need to have a good back stop (I'm in the urban development zone, very suburban). In addition, since the air rifles look very much like real guns, they put notes in the system letting any responding officers know that I have airguns and shoot them on the property in case a neighbor calls to report. Obviously I'll be talking to the neighbors as well.

I did the similar. About 10 years ago. I'm in Hillsboro, 1/8th acre postage-stamp 'burbs lot.

Introduced airguns to all the neighbors around me, even had a couple of them over to shoot. One even bought a co2 pistol from me.

All good so far, but yeah, definitely a proper backstop, know your target and beyond. Keep it quiet as possible.

As dad was fond of saying; "Don't sh*t in your own back yard."

gamowhisperfusion_opensights_001.jpg ravconhomerangeNEWsidelocationlong002.JPG ammotestJuly2021_FTT_22_14.66gr_001.jpg

I did the similar. About 10 years ago. I'm in Hillsboro, 1/8th acre postage-stamp 'burbs lot.

Introduced airguns to all the neighbors around me, even had a couple of them over to shoot. One even bought a co2 pistol from me.

All good so far, but yeah, definitely a proper backstop, know your target and beyond. Keep it quiet as possible.

As dad was fond of saying; "Don't sh*t in your own back yard."

View attachment 1003783 View attachment 1003784 View attachment 1003785
Great setup and thanks for the pics. I'm going to try and do something similar.

Also, the info I posted was based on my address. Anyone who is looking to shoot air rifle at their residence in Washington county should do their own due diligence.

Having the police know that I have air guns is comforting since they'll respond with discretion should a neighbor call.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top