JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everybody, I used to dry camp in a meadow off of some loging roads in northwest WA back when I lived in Spokane - I moved to Vancouver a while ago and I'm looking for any recommendations for something similar? No campgrounds is my goal - any ideas on how to find them without driving all over searching?

Google Earth. Yah, I know, it's Google, but if you use any aerial mapping program, you can find what you're looking for.

What? You don't want to pay money to camp 20 feet from a campsite full of loud and obnoxious drunk people and screaming kids? You don't want to use a concrete crapper full of the Ebola virus and flies?

Wish I could help, but I only know Eastern Washington and Idaho. Just wanted to say I feel your pain.

I don't know- we used to just hit the National Forests and find a suitable spot. Zero facilities. In my experience, usually the women of the group demand a little more- outhouses and running water. But if it's a sausage party, a flat spot big enough for hooch and table, couple trees close enough to hang game, and we were all set. The farther away from others, the better.

I like to go on fire service roads and just find a fire pit. That usually indicates a tolerated campsite. Fortunately, my wife is cool with using a hole in the ground as a potty. Bonus points for being next to a pit that has been used as a shooting range!

Our last reserved camping trip, at Lincoln Rock State Park, we ended up next to a group of Chinese who decided to talk real loud at 11pm. We much prefer off the grid camping.

My last campsite was perfect; no other campsites for a 1/4 mile, next to a creek, plenty of fire break, and completely level.

IMG_20200808_181106516.jpg

Also wanted to add, that some of my favorite campground finds usually require pushing through some slightly overgrown, fading trails. Don't be shy to get scratches on your rig!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top