JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know the rate for an unfired sks? I don't know a lot about these but this one has not been fired since it got to the states.
I'm not the owner but a family mem 20180717_133628.jpg ber is.

I would not put any premium on one that has not been fired since it arrived in the states because it likely had thousands of rounds fired before importation.

Tula? Imported by KBI?

That one looks to be in excellent shape in the one picture that you've posted.

Without other pictures(showing condition/matching parts) etc., it's hard to give a value, but I've recently seen ones in similar shape as yours close at auction anywhere from $600-$800 depending on the day on GunBroker.

With no major blemishes, yours may fetch around the upper end of that range.

Tula? Imported by KBI?

That one looks to be in excellent shape in the one picture that you've posted.

Without other pictures(showing condition/matching parts) etc., it's hard to give a value, but I've recently seen ones in similar shape as yours close at auction anywhere from $600-$800 depending on the day on GunBroker.

With no major blemishes, yours may fetch around the upper end of that range.
Thanks, I might pick it up from this family member. I'm pretty sure it is matching. They said they would do around 400 for it so I guess that's a good price.
It's probably worn out. The Russians never dropped them unlike French guns.
I'll have to check it out and see.

Thanks, I might pick it up from this family member. I'm pretty sure it is matching. They said they would do around 400 for it so I guess that's a good price

$400 is a great price. A fair amount of these refurbished Russian SKS were imported, and some have been kept in the same condition as the day that they were imported.

LIke I stated above, the wood on yours looks to be in excellent condition.

The demand for these has gone up in recent years. (If you decided to turn around and sell it)At worst, you could expect to get $600 for it, but its condition would likely fetch more. I've seen ones marred and scratched up go for a minimum of $500-$550 in recent times.

Can you get a pic of the top of the receiver?

Refurb or not, $400 is a great deal for a Russian SKS nowadays, do it, if you end up regretting it, you wont lose money ;)

Can you get a pic of the top of the receiver?

Refurb or not, $400 is a great deal for a Russian SKS nowadays, do it, if you end up regretting it, you wont lose money ;)
I might be able to get a pic this weekend. The ones I have now were taken about 6 months ago. Are you just looking for the manufacturer?

I don't have any experience with the SKS other than looking at them on line. A gun built like a brick crap house, that was made to shoot steel case dirty ammo, seems pretty attractive to me. Just for the sake of argument, if it had thousands of rounds put through it wouldn't the stock be all dinged up? Do they replace stocks on these if they are not totally messed up? These are battle rifles, yeah? If they had thousands of rounds through them it would have been in the field, not at the range.

FYI, if your family member is close on the tree it is legal w/o an FFL transfer.

Per SB941 the following apply:

(A) A transferor's spouse or domestic partner;
(B) A transferor's parent or stepparent;
(C) A transferor's child or stepchild;
(D) A transferor's sibling;
(E) A transferor's grandparent;
(F) A transferor's grandchild;
(G) A transferor's aunt or uncle;
(H) A transferor's first cousin;
(I) A transferor's niece or nephew; or
(J) The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I) of this paragraph.

I love the SKS (and AKs). But prices on SKS and AKs is so out-of-whack...

From a practical perspective, compared to what you can get in modern guns ($400 ARs), I'd say it's a $300 rifle. From a rarity, purity, or collector value standpoint, I'd say somewhere around $600 with $500 being on the low side and $800 on the high side. No way I'd pay collector prices but that's what I'd suggest. And if it's a collector specimine it should remain pristine and unfired. As soon as that rifle gets abused it becomes a somewhat common SKS ($300-400).

I've been watching Gunbroker because I have a 1953 Rearsenaled Tula that I'm contemplating parting with;
the last two I saw which claimed and appeared unfired, with boxes where both rearsenaled Tula's and both went over $700. A good number of the clean rearsenaled Tula's have been going over $600.
The rarer Izhmash's are bring considerable more than Tula's in like condition.
If its rearsenaled, it will have a square with a diagonal line inside it, on the top of the receiver.

I'd jump on it at $400, if its everything you have said.

Last Edited:
Year and maker ( Tula or Izzy ) just out of curiosity
Tula 1953
FYI, if your family member is close on the tree it is legal w/o an FFL transfer.

Per SB941 the following apply:

(A) A transferor's spouse or domestic partner;
(B) A transferor's parent or stepparent;
(C) A transferor's child or stepchild;
(D) A transferor's sibling;
(E) A transferor's grandparent;
(F) A transferor's grandchild;
(G) A transferor's aunt or uncle;
(H) A transferor's first cousin;
(I) A transferor's niece or nephew; or
(J) The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I) of this paragraph.
Yeah I was looking into this, if I end up getting it this will work for me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top