JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
These rifles shoot beautifully...here is my shot group with plain Jane Remington 180 grain core lokt's at 50 yards off hand , no support and as issued "Open sights "...
Good luck with your sale....!
Andy
DSC05883.jpg

I'd love a Winchester 1886 45-70, but they're hard to find and pricey. There are a couple on Gunbroker but the wife would kill me if I jumped on them without having the money up front. I'd settle for a Henry steel model, but I had a Big Boy in .44 Magnum and had a lot of trouble liking the tube feed option. Marlins are out due to their spotty quality since Remington took over.

I'd love a Winchester 1886 45-70, but they're hard to find and pricey. There are a couple on Gunbroker but the wife would kill me if I jumped on them without having the money up front. I'd settle for a Henry steel model, but I had a Big Boy in .44 Magnum and had a lot of trouble liking the tube feed option. Marlins are out due to their spotty quality since Remington took over.

I have an 1886 lightweight and 1885 traditional hunter. Love those rifles! Have you looked at Uberti reproductions?

Yep. Just picked up an 1895 JM Marlin on the forum, but I still want an 1886. Mainly for the lockup and just the unique nature of the thing. From what I can see, the new production 1886's are hundreds less than the reproduction rifles. So I'll still be looking. I pulled both the guns I had listed from being for sale. I can get more for them once I get to Texas, I think, if I still decide to sell them.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.