JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And yet another NWFA thread devolves into a handful of members engaging in competitive urination attempting to "prove" who was really there and done that, thus, who knows better than someone else.

You guys have totally crapped out a thread to the point where someone genuinely interested in the topic can learn ... totally nothing.

And yet another NWFA thread devolves into a handful of members engaging in competitive urination attempting to "prove" who was really there and done that, thus, who knows better than someone else.

You guys have totally crapped out a thread to the point where someone genuinely interested in the topic can learn ... totally nothing.

Agreed.

Are you are referring to me? Not competitive urination. Just pointed out that steel plates with linex are not what I would use. But I guess my 3 wars and years in the middle east litter box mean nothing at all. Ignorance is bliss.

Are you are referring to me? Not competitive urination. Just pointed out that steel plates with linex are not what I would use. But I guess my 3 wars and years in the middle east litter box mean nothing at all. Ignorance is bliss.
Nope. He's referring to two or three other posters who whipped out their members and argued about some irrelevant stuff

Just tossing this out there....

Myself, having served and seen combat , I can understand a strong opinion on certain topics.
I can also state that :
How you communicate in the service and in combat , while effective there and in that time and place....
May not be near as effective at , other times and places.

Please state your thoughts....Just do so respectfully.
Thank you.
Andy

3 wars, holy cow Audie Murphy, like were you storming the beaches of Omaha then, running n gunnin at Khe Sanh, then slaying hadjis in Iraq dang dogg you real high speed lolololololol

36352731_165978297595906_5615291460275404800_n.jpg

Repeating this. The "expiration" date is not meant to mean that the armor goes bad after a set period of time. It only means the warranty expires on that day.
How many of y'all own vehicles, guns, appliances that are past their warranty expiration dates?? ;)

With proper care and storage; kevlar, aramid, ceramics all can last a ridiculous length of time. The NIJ0101.06 certification process requires a drop test onto concrete surfaces before shooting with at least one .30-06 M2 AP round at 15 meters for Level IV plates. And that's after a thermal cycle test, and conditioned... not necessarily right out of package.

Edit. I know of no one who warranties their armor for more than 20 years.
I believe this is much like the expiration date on child car seats. The seat doesn't immediately fall apart or even become unsafe (though it does become illegal) on the expiration date. But on that date all manufacturer support and liability ceases. No recalls will be sent out, no warranty applies, no lawsuits against the manufacturer for defects or negligence will be possible. And keep in mind that the material in the seat has been exposed to ultraviolet, liquid spills, impacts, etc. for all of those years since manufacture. Nobody knows for sure when it will become unsafe, but they are guaranteeing that is it safe until the expiration date. NOTE: My wife is a professional car seat tech.

For those who are like me an less experienced with hard armor (wore soft armor daily for many years), stumbled across this video on frag and spall. It was produced by AR500 so no doubt it will be favorable to them based on the chose testing conditions. Still found it interesting since I do not have much experience in the subject. They do a comparison with ceramic.
Spall and Frag Coating

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top