JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Way West of the Cascades. I am fairly certain these are wolves.

STC_1217.JPG

BTW - feral dogs (and sometimes pet dogs left to roam unsupervised) are more of a threat to pets, livestock, wildlife and humans than wild canines.

And I say that from personal experience.

Attacks by wild canines on humans? rare.

Attacks by feral and pet canines? common. I have witnessed them and experienced them.

I have had coyotes in my yard - they are common here - except for the occasional missing foo-foo dog or pet cat let outside - no problems with coyotes here.

Way West of the Cascades. I am fairly certain these are wolves.

View attachment 702047

That front one looks like a Great Perenees (sp?). I see them a lot guarding sheep over here in Central Oregon. They have a tendency to roam when left with out a job to do. Wolves generally always have their ears pointed forward any time they are moving, and the front one does not and has the round head I have seen from behind on the Perenees.

Last Edited:
That front one looks like a Great Perenees (sp?). I see them a lot guarding sheep over here in Central Oregon. They have a tendency to roam when left with out a job to do.

Yup - there are several around here. New neighbor has one for his goats.

I've seen several about 2 miles to the south of me, roaming around up there about a mile or so different places along the road. Same several miles to the north. I have no idea if they are the same dogs or different.

BTW - feral dogs (and sometimes pet dogs left to roam unsupervised) are more of a threat to pets, livestock, wildlife and humans than wild canines.

There was a case of that right in your area quite a few years back. The Eggers family had a farm I think on McCormick Hill Rd right before it starts up the hillside. There was a 12 year old girl and her 10 year old brother there by themselves, and two local dogs started attacking their 4H sheep and had a couple down. The girl got a .308 out of the house and dropped both dogs right in the bloody pasture. Her dad had taught her this drill if anything liked that happened.

Sheriff came out and cited the owners for loose dogs and they had to pay for the dead sheep. It was quite the story in the ag community for a while. Probably 30 or more years ago.

Hmmm, pic is fuzzy .......Stripe-less Skunks doing the humpty dance? Nevermind, glasses were fuzzy: legs are too long to be stipeless skunks and that's something I just made up anyway.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top