JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your premise if fundamentally flawed. Most of the Federal laws we're talking about, which can comrpise 100s of thousands of crimes, do not have any "intent" element. You break it, even without intending too, you are guilty. There is no "willful" element. You either imported fish in plastic or you did not. You got lost in a blizzard on your snowmobile and crossed an invisible line, or you did not. Your intent, even your intent to be lawful in the face of a criminal code so vast nobody can know it, is utterly irrelevant.

This is becoming "beating a dead horse". You have a lot of gun owners, a majority, who are never going to hear you. They do not believe in rights, until it effects them. They will tell you it's not dark at night before they give this up. Right up until it effects them. Then they scream but it's too late then <shrug>

Your premise if fundamentally flawed. Most of the Federal laws we're talking about, which can comrpise 100s of thousands of crimes, do not have any "intent" element. You break it, even without intending too, you are guilty. There is no "willful" element. You either imported fish in plastic or you did not. You got lost in a blizzard on your snowmobile and crossed an invisible line, or you did not. Your intent, even your intent to be lawful in the face of a criminal code so vast nobody can know it, is utterly irrelevant.
Did you even read my post? I clearly stated in English that I was not addressing those situations and in fact oppose those situations and would happily support the repeal of such laws.
I am talking about murderers, rapists, thieves and their ilk.
The only flawed thing here appears to be your comprehension skills

Did you even read my post? I clearly stated in English that I was not addressing those situations and in fact oppose those situations and would happily support the repeal of such laws.
I am talking about murderers, rapists, thieves and their ilk.
The only flawed thing here appears to be your comprehension skills

That's fair -- I was trigger happy and shot my mouth off as soon as I saw the word "willful".

I hope you will agree that not all felons should have their rights taken away, because not all felonies even make sense.

That's fair -- I was trigger happy and shot my mouth off as soon as I saw the word "willful". Been there, done that

I hope you will agree that not all felons should have their rights taken away, because not all felonies even make sense.
Absolutely correct
Perhaps we are loudly agreeing
Yes there are too many laws and something desperately needs to be done to cull them before we all end up in prison

Perhaps we redefine felony as "Violent or heinous act" and reduce all the others to class 1 to XXX misdemeanors. And those misdemeanors can have time up to whatever but once that time is done, "Welcome back, citizen." meaning full enfranchisement.
For the violent and heinous, well perhaps they shouldn't return to society at all. I don't know. I wish I had the answers.
Be well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads