JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
re: "No matter which day or month it is, everywhere I go, it seems to be crowded... And Im not talking about weekends... Im talking about WEEKDAYS."

additional observation: I've been camping in Oregon from backpacker on up to RV/campgrounds all around the state, since early 70s....nearly 50 years observation here.

Our favorite coastal RV campgrounds for about 10+ years now, insist on prior RESERVATION, sometimes a YEAR in advance!!!! And no longer is the 'just drive around till we find a spot we like' a viable plan, as nearly ALL the spots are reserved!!!

Granted, population of PDX has about doubled (or more) in that time frame. Still, camp site spots have increased somewhat as well.

Seems to be a line everywhere we wanted to camp, so we finally sold off our camp rigs.
I sold my RV as well, because the forest service quit maintaining the roads serving my favorite campsites. Now you could barely get a dirtbike through on some of them. I gave up on campgrounds when the transients started living in them.

"I gave up on campgrounds when the transients started living in them" we've had incidents (spotty for sure, and infrequent...still it happens) over the last few decades of armed/hostiles with shots fired, attributed by LEO to be from either a) commercial mushroom gluttons; or b) pot patch watch dogs, take your pick.

I sold my RV as well, because the forest service quit maintaining the roads serving my favorite campsites. Now you could barely get a dirtbike through on some of them. I gave up on campgrounds when the transients started living in them.
MY mom used to be a Camp host for a U.S. FOREST SERVICE campground on Shasta lake she said they had some problems with that but now they limit it to 14 day's then you have to leave for at least 7 day's then you could come back but she said if it was some people that they didn't cause problems and kept up there camp site it was up to her if they could stay longer

There are help wanted signs up everywhere. Jobs are out there. Dope slinging is better for some people. The bums are now setting up camp on the front lawns of the bottle redemption center. There are people hanging out on the corner. Dope deals in Safeway parking lot, I can see 4 in 15 minutes. Houses being built at a rapid paced, priced well out of the reach of a single person or even hard working couple. People that work at my wifes store call in with some horsesh*t excuse about not being able to work. Every. Day. Then they bit*h about not having enough money while chocking down smogs or sucking the robots dork (vaping).

The lazy, the entitled, the smart azz millennials, the criminals, society is really changing. We spent the last 3 days at our property in Central Oregon. Cleaning up, piling brush to burn, limbing trees, cutting trees. The people that bought the lot next to us 2 weeks ago, decided to drag the trash on their lot to ours. Guess they did not look very good for the trail cam I had set up. But for the most part the people over there are so much nicer, so down to earth as compared to the people on the west side. Cannot wait to be over there full time.

As I get older, I care more about ourselves, where we are going, and what the next 15 years hold for us. (Hopefully). I could care less about the criminals, the bums, the 30 year olds buying their "dream homes" with their 2 car payments, the I want it all, I want it now and get the hell out of my way. Nobody pays their dues any more.

I get to build my "dream" shop at 60 years old after busting my azz for 45 years working. If you cannot work for what you want, do not expect me to give you money, tolerate you stealing from me or my neighbors, try and convince me that the baby boomers screwed it all up. I will help disabled veterans, and others who deserve that extra.

It will only get worse as society moves to a more strict class separation, and it is coming as the people who cannot afford 400K homes will only be able to rent low end homes, or live in dope infested apartment complexes. The low end houses are built 25 to the acre, kids have no yards, sit inside all day playing video games or hang with the dope dealers at the local "parks". Their parents watch their 60 inch big screens, and cannot get their eyes off their goddamn phones long enough to have a conversation with the kids. Sad.

End of rant.

That place is always busy

Especially with the criminals doing car clouts in the parking lot all day long. Watch that camera long enough you will probably see some hoodie wearing, baggy pants wearing piece of sh*t meth monkey smash somebody's window.

At spring training games in Arizona last year, they had there lookouts up in the air about 30 feet with armed security in them. Nobody messed with cars there.

We still go RV camping a lot. We do mostly private RV parks. You pay a bit more, but most of them put up with zero sh*t from campers, and you seldom have the drunks braying all night long.

We go to Barview, but that place gets out of hand a lot too. I can only tolerate some gal whining " I am so fing drunk" while puking by the fire pit. We had 4 trips there last year, with one bad trip so I guess it works out. Makes me feel good to fire up the 7.3 diesel at 4:30 am on a Sunday morning to go to the dock at Garabaldi.

With the way the populations increases, trying to get campsites is pretty hard. I have my weekend spaces all reserved at the private parks, a couple at Barview, and will leave the trailer at our place in Central Oregon for September trips. Too damn many people, too many babbling foreigners, ( yeah call me racist, whatever).

Get off my lawn.

We go to Barview, but that place gets out of hand a lot too. I can only tolerate some gal whining " I am so fing drunk" while puking by the fire pit. We had 4 trips there last year, with one bad trip so I guess it works out. Makes me feel good to fire up the 7.3 diesel at 4:30 am on a Sunday morning to go to the dock at Garabaldi.

Try going to Cottage Grove Res campground. Some years ago they "BANNED" alcohol in the camp ground AND on the lake. We used to look forward to three nighter there in mid July for the bass fishing. You had to reserve way early for a campsite on the lake so you could pull the boat up at your campsite. Excellent campground with hot showers in a beautiful treed setting setting.

Try going to Cottage Grove Res campground. Some years ago they "BANNED" alcohol in the camp ground AND on the lake. We used to look forward to three nighter there in mid July for the bass fishing. You had to reserve way early for a campsite on the lake so you could pull the boat up at your campsite. Excellent campground with hot showers in a beautiful treed setting setting.
U of O students screwed that up ages ago. I think they moved to Dorena now.

When I have time to do things I want, I dont have the money. Yet when I have the money it certainy seems like I don't have the time.

Im curious as to how all these young kids have so much time to travel while still taking weekend trips.. It just doesnt add up.. Unless the parents are footing the bill.

U of O students screwed that up ages ago. I think they moved to Dorena now.

Both Corp of Engineers lakes/dams, same rules.

I rather enjoyed the show of boats, kids and nice looking ladies that swarmed the lake after noon. We'd get on the water before first light to fish for bass and get off the water buy 10:30-11:00 am or so. Eat "brunch", sit and sip beers and play cribbage. I'm sure people still drink there but I wasn't into hiding it, and/or risk getting booted because we had a few beers!

We still go RV camping a lot. We do mostly private RV parks. You pay a bit more, but most of them put up with zero sh*t from campers, and you seldom have the drunks braying all night long.

With the way the populations increases, trying to get campsites is pretty hard. I have my weekend spaces all reserved at the private parks, a couple at Barview, and will leave the trailer at our place in Central Oregon for September trips. Too damn many people, too many babbling foreigners, ( yeah call me racist, whatever).

Get off my lawn.
i agree with you on that.

i have noticed alot of cholos moving up here and bringing their los angeles trash with them.

I am off mainly on weekdays, and on days off I might not shave and look like a hobo. I work, and I work hard, and I make a nice income I was one month over 30 when my wife and I bought our dream home. My wife works hard, looks more professional any day of the week, works Monday through Friday. Together we make quite a nice living, but you might think we were unemployed by the OP's assumptions. We are both RNs, and my wife has climbed the ladder high enough to make her own schedule. I also work swing shift so you may see me running errands mid day before work. Noon to 2PM is when I get my normal people stuff done, because when I get off work, the world is closed down.

I am off mainly on weekdays, and on days off I might not shave and look like a hobo. I work, and I work hard, and I make a nice income I was one month over 30 when my wife and I bought our dream home. My wife works hard, looks more professional any day of the week, works Monday through Friday. Together we make quite a nice living, but you might think we were unemployed by the OP's assumptions. We are both RNs, and my wife has climbed the ladder high enough to make her own schedule. I also work swing shift so you may see me running errands mid day before work. Noon to 2PM is when I get my normal people stuff done, because when I get off work, the world is closed down.

Yep, theres a whole world of people working shift work and irregular hours the OP doesnt seem to know anything about. I did a few years of that 2 on 2 off 3 on 2 off 2 on 3 off 12 hour days then switching shifts and then a dozen or so years of swing shift with Tuesday and Wednesday off . I remember half of it because I was in a perpetual coma from the crap shift work. BTW during the week is the best time to go out and do stuff.

I worked nights and swing shift from the time I was 16 until I was 38. Took me over a year to get used to working days. Could never get used to working graveyard the few times I had to. But I used to be able to stay up for all night poker games when I was single.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top