JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In the search for the best original power level 10MM self defense loads (most today are way loaded down) I came on this brand that seems to be even better than Double Tap. The ballistics tests and velocities appear to be excellent. Anyone here tried this brand?

Their 10MM 135 grain Nosler bullet load does 1600 FPS and looks amazing in gelatin tests

I have been meaning to try out some of their 45 super.

Have you looked at Buffalo Bores offerings? They don't have the lighter bullets in 10mm but the heavier ones are pretty stout.

I chronographed the Buffalo Bore 255 hardcast 45 super at 1125 fps out of a 5.3" barrel. The box claimed 1075 fps so I was pretty impressed.

I have been meaning to try out some of their 45 super.

Have you looked at Buffalo Bores offerings? They don't have the lighter bullets in 10mm but the heavier ones are pretty stout.

I chronographed the Buffalo Bore 255 hardcast 45 super at 1125 fps out of a 5.3" barrel. The box claimed 1075 fps so I was pretty impressed.

For wild animal defense/hunting maybe but not even close to being what I want in a self defense load. Give me velocity and a well constructed bullet, please

Check this out. That load sounds like the crack of doom!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm itching to try some 220 hardcast from them ......word is Underwood is the only manufacture who still holds true to its claims of velocity in their 10mm offerings. They use high end projo's , powder and the price is decent. Its weird you can only buy from Underwood though, online that is.

yep, their 10mm normal goes beyond what they list Like they list the 180 gr at 1300fps and it tends to run, from what I have seen, from 1300 up to 1320 with not much going lower then 1300.

I'm itching to try some 220 hardcast from them ......word is Underwood is the only manufacture who still holds true to its claims of velocity in their 10mm offerings. They use high end projo's , powder and the price is decent. Its weird you can only buy from Underwood though, online that is.

I'd rather they stay a small niche company, rather than chasing the mass production market. Once Double Tap went to distributors their ammo started to become watered down.

by the way, anyone shot their hard cast out of a stock, glock barrel? I had heard there really isn't a problem but I dont want to buy any then end up having to get a new barrel.

For wild animal defense/hunting maybe but not even close to being what I want in a self defense load. Give me velocity and a well constructed bullet, please

Check this out. That load sounds like the crack of doom!

Their +P+ 9mm is no slouch.. I think a true 1450-80 out of a mid size barrel.. 115 grain.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is, about the expensive "hard cast" boutique ammo, of which Buffalo Bore is famous, makes a handloader/caster laugh. That's old school and cheap as dirt to make.

by the way, anyone shot their hard cast out of a stock, glock barrel? I had heard there really isn't a problem but I dont want to buy any then end up having to get a new barrel.
it really isn't a problem, accuracy isn't as good as land and groove rifling. If the lead is dead soft or on the soft side it can turn in to a problem as lead builds up in the "valley" on polygonal rifling......causing pressure spikes. But proper hardcast is good to go

The thing is, about the expensive "hard cast" boutique ammo, of which Buffalo Bore is famous, makes a handloader/caster laugh. That's old school and cheap as dirt to make.

I’m a caster and reloader and I don’t laugh at it……you paying for a lot of testing and research to obtain those razor edge pressures…..and making proper hardcast at proper hardness and size isn’t as easy as just melting lead and pouring it into a mold

What do you mean "high".. we were talking Buffalo Bore "hard cast".. they make many standard pressure iterations of this very expensive offering. nothing fancy or "high" at all, save the price

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top