1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

WTT WA Underwater ROV kits

Discussion in 'Non-Firearm Item Classifieds' started by Looking for knowledge, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Looking for knowledge

Looking for knowledge Camas-Vancouver Wa. Member

I have Three underwater ROV kits I thought I might throw out there for trade. They were modeled on the actual units that capped the deep horizon spill in the gulf.

These would be awesome parent/child spring Break projects, science fair projects, gifts for niece or nephew, etc. I have had 13 year olds build these in my classroom with NO adult intervention or help. I do recommend they practice soldering practice with paperclips before working on the circuit board in the controller.

The kits include everything, even a detailed instruction book and trickle charger for the battery. The only things required, and not included, are a soldering iron, screw driver, and drill.

These retail for $169 ea. I would like to trade for something around $50 worth of ammo per kit. If a person bought more than one kit, I would throw in an already assembled unit for free (great visual aid while constructing).

Ammunition I would take in trade:
    .45 ACP
    .45 LC
    .22 LR (sub)
    9mm sub
    300 blk

I am also open to other items. What do you have?

Link to the main site:

Video of some in action (I have had students run these in small plastic or rubber wading pools and local bodies of water):

The kits:

Students building one:

They even build the controllers:
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    308 likes this.
  2. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Curious how one navigates to a target as shown in the video above. Do you and the kids add a gopro or something to the system?
  3. Looking for knowledge

Looking for knowledge Camas-Vancouver Wa. Member

You could do that. In the demonstration video the students were looking into the water and navigating from the surface.
    308 likes this.