JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...uring-undercover-gun-buy-nypd-says-1.10788115
Gun buy sting operation, fake gun, $2,000 robbed from undercover Cop with fake gun.

Undercover cop ends up shooting innocent.

First thought. Way to go NY! The streets are much safer with you out there trying to buy the odd hot gun off the street! Stupid NY gun Laws:mad::mad::mad: Stupid Idea illegal gun trade sting! At least it was handled stupidly! I'm O.K. if they are suspecting terrorists of trying to obtain some heavy firepower but.....

Second thought. $2,000 for a hot gun in NY??? I would have thought normal price maybe 100 more give or take.

Third thought. Do we have any sting operations here in the NW yet?

The guy was running away with a fake gun, I get that the cop didn't know it was fake but the article said the cop had notified his back up so why does he get out of his car and start blazing away, sounds to me like he was pissed about getting jacked and let emotions take over and so a innocent is dead. I'd say that should be some trouble. CCL would be in deep sheetttt.

One of the four basic gun safety rules; know your target and what is behind it. I see a huge wrongful death lawsuit coming and if there is any justice in NY criminal charges against the undercover.

NY and Cali cops are known for being under trained, quick on the trigger and hitting innocent bystanders.

The money and punishment should come from and be dealt souly to the officer who is responsible.
No more tax payer bail outs, no more slaps of the wrist. If we were to get robbed and shoot someone in the back as well as an innocent bystander we'd go away for life, this should be the same for leos. I understand they have a tough job to do, but they should be held to the same accord as we civilians are when it comes to wrong doing.
& Administration too!

How can a person be charged with firearm sales if it wasn't real?

Another case of unintended consequences of bad laws being enforced badly.

First anybody except certain Felons and mentally ill or incompetent should
be able to buy a handgun legally.

They've created an illegal arms trade just like drugs, prostitution or the failed prohibition on alcohol.
Now they need Undercover Officers and Firearms Investigation Units.

If some crud want's to sell a stolen gun to someone who is prohibited and the Cop's catch wind of it fine but a major sting operation? A whole Unit created for this? What % of bad guys are they really gonna stop?

The real gun traffickers are on to this by now just like drug dealers and the small time gun runners are too numerous and spread out to get any kind of handle on this IMO.

They probably ran this Operation to send a message of fear into collectors that no one is safe who isn't following the strict gun laws. Better disarm before you're caught!

Also a message to the ones that vote for strict gun laws like they have.

"See we busted an illegal gun operation, see how we keep you safe?"

Only this time they killed an innocent bystander.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top