JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Although the .220 Swift has been mentioned, of note it uses the .308 head diameter and action lenth. (mind begins wandering) So, imagine an AR10 .220 with a heavy barrel. 4K+ FPS with an 45-50gr bullet. If you're going to dream...

.30 Tokarev - the poor mans' 5.7x28.
Can be had in JHP.
The Tok pistol has a slender grace like the Colt 1903.
Fits in the pocket of Carhartt pants.
Lotsa Pew Pew Pew in an attractive package.

I like the .357 Sig cartridge as I carried a G32 gen. 3 for some time until it got stolen several years ago. I think it's a great round, though it is pricy compared to the .40 SW round let alone 9mm rounds. Definitely need to train with it due to its snappy recoil, but it will do the job just fine nonetheless. Currently I've been carrying 9mm (G26 or G19, both Gen 3). The .357 Sig round is one of my personal favorites that some should try and see for themselves and make their own judgment accordingly. Carry on.

The 6.5x57 I have an old 1939 Mannlicher Schoenauer and the only load data I could find was the Hornady #3 and #4 load manuals. I even had to get Lee to make a special case length gauge for it so I could trim the cases.

This is a very nice round...

6.5 TCU - It's got a reasonable shoulder, unlike 7 TCU and .300 BLK. Easily made from the most common caliber out there.
.357 Max
.358 Win - Most thump at the receiving end, for the least recoil.

I had a .22 KHornet that I thought was a really cool caliber, but I could never get it to shoot (the gun was a Thompson Center TCR).

.327 Fed Mag
.300 BLK

6.5 TCU - It's got a reasonable shoulder, unlike 7 TCU and .300 BLK. Easily made from the most common caliber out there.
.357 Max
.358 Win - Most thump at the receiving end, for the least recoil.

I had a .22 KHornet that I thought was a really cool caliber, but I could never get it to shoot (the gun was a Thompson Center TCR).

.327 Fed Mag
.300 BLK
...another :s0155: for the .358 Winnie.
One of those amazing cartridges that everyone speaks highly of, but never gets chambered in any guns anymore (exception to the wonderful people at Browning).

Yeah, I got a BLR that is like new, too pretty to do much with it. It would make a hell of an elk gun. I did have fun busting milk jugs with it, using max loads under the Speer 250gr Hot Cor and the 250gr Grand Slam. Tremendous power AND penetration. Cooking up a deer load would be easy too. I can't bear to put a scope on it though, and my eyes aren't good for irons any more, so its a safe queen.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top