JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Home Brewing is an interesting topic. We have a small'ish alcohol fuel operation up and running, using "...distressed/condemned..." sugar (about $175/ton). The nice folks at Mile High Distilling in Seattle WA set us up with a starter 3inch evap column unit a while back that we have dressed up over the years. Keeps our fleet of old Toyota Land Cruisers running, as well as heating and electrical generator, humming along. Nice to NOT have a bill for heat, electricity and farm gasoline.

I'm living on the edge of total self- sustainability which, when tech is not part of the equation, becomes far easier once one realizes that Old Tech starts with a sharp mind, a sharp edged cutting tool and the appropriate types of trees to make what is needed at any given time. Wisdom and patience are perhaps the greatest of skills

Let us agree that the first priority in any deprivation scenario is staying alive. I happens to be my current priority.

While I cannot in good concience dismiss those who believe their priorities may differ, one's own body will be the greatest threat when deprivation begins.

I offer my advice as one educated and trained in the primordial vulnerabilities of the human form. Our expected longevity of 74-79 years is a harshly recent development. Less than 100 years ago, our expectancy was half (or less than half) of that.

When the deprivation of the healthful benefits of the modern world cease to exist, your greatest burden toward survival will be your own body. What killed humans for millions of years at the average age of thirty-nine was dental and digestive failure.

Now that you hold that knowledge, your high priority skills toward surviving in such an environement must engage effort to thwarting it. You will die from a toothache before anything else, according to human history in deprivational environments. I will leave you to believe what might occur if your misfortune happens at the other end of your body. It is just as certain, and just as documented.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top