JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh course we have ALL been greatly dumbed-down in comparison to earlier generations. Smart people are a liability to governments.

A kid from 100 years ago would make one from today look like a gerbil. But of course in our vanity we believe that we are the smartest and the best; wrong.

Just because we have the crutch of technology does not make us smarter. Thank programmed ill-education, poisons, GMOs, brainless media, celebrity/sports worship, Fluoride, you name it; anything to keep us complacent and stupid.

Are you smarter than an 8th grader? Rare test from 1912 shows what students were quizzed over* - NY Daily News

I went to Harvey Scott Grade School on NE Prescott between 66th&68th. I started in 9/83 and left the school in 6/89(K-5th). We had a PE teacher named Fred Wong. Mr. Wong was by my estimate 50 years old in '84/'85. When we would get out of line, he would twist ears and do other things he no doubt learned from being reprimanded by no longer being able to flat out smack a kid. I am thankful for him. He did things that other teachers wouldn't dream of and I think we were better off for it. I am surprised in hindsight that this still happened into the mid-late '80's.

If I found out that my kid was being hit by his teacher, I would be inclined to find out why before just filing that lawsuit. It may just be the best thing my boy experienced that year and learnt' him a valuable lesson.

HA!
I did K-8th grade at Harvey Scott!
I remember good old Fred Wong and his two handed push shot jumper!LOL.
He rapped the top of my head with his knuckle a time or three! :)

HA!
I did K-8th grade at Harvey Scott!
I remember good old Fred Wong and his two handed push shot jumper!LOL.
He rapped the top of my head with his knuckle a time or three! :)

K-8? That means you were there a long time ago or very recently. I can actually see him shooting that jumper now. If you ever went into his office on the side of the stage, you knew you were in for trouble!

I went to Harvey Scott Grade School on NE Prescott between 66th&68th. I started in 9/83 and left the school in 6/89(K-5th). We had a PE teacher named Fred Wong. Mr. Wong was by my estimate 50 years old in '84/'85. When we would get out of line, he would twist ears and do other things he no doubt learned from being reprimanded by no longer being able to flat out smack a kid. I am thankful for him. He did things that other teachers wouldn't dream of and I think we were better off for it. I am surprised in hindsight that this still happened into the mid-late '80's.

If I found out that my kid was being hit by his teacher, I would be inclined to find out why before just filing that lawsuit. It may just be the best thing my boy experienced that year and learnt' him a valuable lesson.

I960's In OC, 7th 8th and 9th I taught Bentz to be the finest paddle making Artist' in the country. He broke over a dozen of them on my.......
Ran into him several times over the years and he said he finally made one that would have stood up, and had laminated wood and fiberglass.
Damn he could swing.....
Pretty humorous looking back.

To be a honor student today just means being a good government parrot.

A top student today would be the dumbest kid in that 1912 class back then; that was the point being made.

To be a honor student today just means being a good government parrot.

A top student today would be the dumbest kid in that 1912 class back then; that was the point being made.

Yeah, I look at what my grandkids were studying in HS, and it was at about the level we were taught in the 7th & 8th grade.
What disturbs me more is the twisted PC history being pushed.
The destruction of pride in our country and the blaming of America for all the worlds problems.
We need an entirely new education system administration and tar and feather the current one.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top