JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nuclear power, the fundamentals of calculus, engineering, chemistry and mechanics were all essentially put to paper decades and centuries before the US Department of Education and their Newspeak classroom theories. If the US could build the Empire State building, go to the Moon, and construct a transcontinental railroad without their 'help', why not just stick with tried-and-true educational methods? Its quite simple really. The multinational corporatists and their puppet political-class ilk do not want an educated populace, they want a docile work force.

Keith

My wife is a librarian at a grade school in SE Portland (Rockwood). It's 95 percent Hispanic enrollment.
At least 1/4 of the school year is dedicated to the federal mandated bench mark testing, which is designed to find out what the children don't know.
All of the teachers there believe that the testing is a waste of time and they should go back to teaching the basic essentials needed in real life.
The public school districts are hogtied to the federal funding and can't refuse to participate.
If you want your kid(s) to have a better education, look into a private charter school if you can't home school them yourself.

My deepest sympathy for your wife! It must be maddening! I'm only half way through this thread and I'm depressed!!!

It aint about uss an are kids foks strt thet convar thar agin? Ah doan no how them techers kin do all thet govmint man dated stuf! Bak wen ma techers semed to relish pointin owt ma folishness en misdeads nowa daz ada got me a ribon fer shur!

Nuclear power, the fundamentals of calculus, engineering, chemistry and mechanics were all essentially put to paper decades and centuries before the US Department of Education and their Newspeak classroom theories. If the US could build the Empire State building, go to the Moon, and construct a transcontinental railroad without their 'help', why not just stick with tried-and-true educational methods? Its quite simple really. The multinational corporatists and their puppet political-class ilk do not want an educated populace, they want a docile work force.

Keith

Actually, I think what we are seeing is the gov trying to make the unemployable employable, such that they can pump out more people with a high-school diploma (even if the individual really believes that 3x4 = 11...).

Not long ago there was an initiative in the City of Seattle to force employers to NOT to do background checks initially in the hiring process, such that people with a criminal past had a better chance of getting a job.

Peter

It aint about uss an are kids foks strt thet convar thar agin? Ah doan no how them techers kin do all thet govmint man dated stuf! Bak wen ma techers semed to relish pointin owt ma folishness en misdeads nowa daz ada got me a ribon fer shur!

Uhh, Sgt. Nambu, have you seen your Behavior Health Provider recently ??? I think maybe they need to review your meds !!!

I know you were trying to make a phunny, but Tar'Nation spell a few words right for us Older Folks... Or are you writing that there new Eubonics Language, I can't tell....

But its almost time for ~time~ My meds ;) Asprin, with Water, and a twist of lemon peel, Thank you Very Much!

philip, in the Oregon Everglades, err Boon Docks, by golly, its Swamp Land Nine Months a year !!!!

Even more dangerous than no education, is this kind of edu..... err.... Indoctrination.
Its happening all over the country. We have come across many articles like this from different states now.
It is how the Left is made. It is how anti gun agendas get carried. They begin with the kids.
over 5 decades of it now. Now is when it must stop.

"American subversion has overtaken the education system and they don’t even try to hide it anymore.
UNLESS YOU STAND UP AGAINST THIS YOU CAN KISS AMERICA GOODBYE !!
It is happening at a steep logarithmic scale."

"Parents at a Wichita, Kan. elementary school were shocked to discover a giant wall display inside the building promoting the five pillars of Islam."

<broken link removed>

Our owners (using government as a tool) actually WANT dumb, unprepared and compliant citizens. In the US, hey baby, they've got them!

They could live with 3x4 = 12 if the logic, reasoning, and independent and critical thought stopped there. A drone populace is what they wanted, and it is what they have gained.

It isn't a matter of funding really. Japan and South Korea spend a lot less than us per student, but churn out superior students on almost all levels. It is because here in the USSA, what our government wants, it gets.

It only takes one generation of manipulation to destroy a nation. Unfortunately for us, the social planners/Oligarchs are cunning, smart, ruthless, and patient and our populace is dimwitted, pathetic, easily manipulated, and extremely gullible.

The best <2 minutes of truth ever allowed on YouTube:

Last edited by a moderator:
Our owners (using government as a tool) actually WANT dumb, unprepared and compliant citizens. In the US, hey baby, they've got them!

They could live with 3x4 = 12 if the logic, reasoning, and independent and critical thought stopped there. A drone populace is what they wanted, and it is what they have gained.

It isn't a matter of funding really. Japan and South Korea spend a lot less than us per student, but churn out superior students on almost all levels. It is because here in the USSA, what our government wants, it gets.

It only takes one generation of manipulation to destroy a nation. Unfortunately for us, the social planners and Oligarchs are cunning, smart, ruthless, and patient and our populace is dimwitted, pathetic, easily manipulated, and extremely gullible.

The best <2 minutes of truth ever allowed on YouTube:

Sure wish he was still with us. Carlin was great.

Last edited by a moderator:
What or where you are trying to go with this post !!!!

May God or the deity of your choice or 3 traumatic brain injuries help us all.

Are complimenting me in a back handed manner, or are you being Sarcastic ????

Either way, it shows little respect for, or towards this person.

Fortunately, my Faith in GOD, Jesus Christ, that is... Provides my ability to be very forving, I forgive your indelicate manner in posting... Having quoted me... And then stating what you did.

I have Tough Skin, combined with a Soft Heart, forgiven.

philip, going to sleep now...

Hey Burt, did you read some of the prior responses or are you just an automaton? And an insulting one at that.

Little game I play when reading this forum lately. I zoom in on the text of a post so I can't see avatars etc..(smart phone) and see if I can guess who wrote it based on style/content. I almost never get it right except in the case of Burt. I guess his every single time. :)

My deepest sympathy for your wife! It must be maddening! I'm only half way through this thread and I'm depressed!!!

The most frustrating part of her job is dealing with the lack of discipline and respect shown by a large majority of the kids.
All it takes is one or two kids to disrupt a classroom and the teachers spend the majority of their time trying to control them without any way to discipline them.
The school districts have a strict "One strike your out", concerning guns, but when it comes to any other form of discipline, it's a total hands off policy.
When I went to school in the sixties and seventies, and if you walked up to a teacher and told them to "F**K Off" to their face, the least that would happen was to be expelled for a week. Most of my teachers would have smacked you up the side of the head, then sent you up to the principal.
My wife can't even give a first grader a hug for good behavior, because of the fear of lawsuits, but hardly a day goes by for her that she doesn't come home with a story concerning a problem student and the chaos that ensues.

The most frustrating part of her job is dealing with the lack of discipline and respect shown by a large majority of the kids.
All it takes is one or two kids to disrupt a classroom and the teachers spend the majority of their time trying to control them without any way to discipline them.
The school districts have a strict "One strike your out", concerning guns, but when it comes to any other form of discipline, it's a total hands off policy.
When I went to school in the sixties and seventies, and if you walked up to a teacher and told them to "F**K Off" to their face, the least that would happen was to be expelled for a week. Most of my teachers would have smacked you up the side of the head, then sent you up to the principal.
My wife can't even give a first grader a hug for good behavior, because of the fear of lawsuits, but hardly a day goes by for her that she doesn't come home with a story concerning a problem student and the chaos that ensues.

Grade 8, first year in Junior High in the late 70's. We were in metal shop and one kid was really mouthy. I could see the shop teacher getting more and more frustrated. Finally the teacher whacked the kid across the chest with the flat side of a metal file. It made a hollow sound like when you beat your chest. You could hear a pin drop. After that, never a problem again in that class. There was definitely a level of mutual respect between everyone, and at the same time he taught and we learned from him.

Peter

Where I come from, and it's not so far down the road, they'd break ping-pong paddles on my *** with some regularity and deservedly so. Dumb broads. Long story short, the shop-teacher/principal made a paddle to rule them all. Just for me. He really didn't bubblegum around so much.

Same here CD, when our principal called our names we knew we were going to get the "WOOD" and knew we deserved it for what we used to do on a daily basis... That was then this is now. Public education is politically spawned and not worthy for the children who "WANT" to learn. Sad state of affairs in the education world nowadays.

Same here CD, when our principal called our names we knew we were going to get the "WOOD"

LOL! The nasty crow vice principal she-witch at my school (a nun!) knew me very well. Smack smack smack with the yardstick! HAHAHA

Once she insisted on calling my dad because I got in a push and shove. (Actually the other kid was much bigger so I clubbed him with a fire extinguisher)

I inadvertently said 'his number is in my wallet'. I forgot it was stuffed full of condoms. I'd buy them for .25/each in bulk and sell them for $5/each to my fellow students who were too shy to buy them and wanted to look 'cool.'

That got a serious reaction to say the least; damn, I really was like the kid in Problem Child. Had nothing but disdain for those penguins.

I should mention though that this was THIRD grade. I wish I had a dime for every time I put a tack on the teacher's chair.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

I will regrettably say one thing though. The education was light years beyond what other kids my age were getting at a public school. (We were not rich, financial aid).

When I went to HS I really couldn't believe it. Most freshman classes were at what I learned in fourth or fifth grade. I could get A's all day long and never listen to the HS teacher. Very odd. I thought 'gee, all these HS kids are retarded (mentally challenged)'. LOL My friends in HS were taking beginning algebra and I had already been through trig/calculus. HS was like being released from prison. All that freedom to roam around, free periods, baby-easy classes, I was just stunned.

I went to Harvey Scott Grade School on NE Prescott between 66th&68th. I started in 9/83 and left the school in 6/89(K-5th). We had a PE teacher named Fred Wong. Mr. Wong was by my estimate 50 years old in '84/'85. When we would get out of line, he would twist ears and do other things he no doubt learned from being reprimanded by no longer being able to flat out smack a kid. I am thankful for him. He did things that other teachers wouldn't dream of and I think we were better off for it. I am surprised in hindsight that this still happened into the mid-late '80's.

If I found out that my kid was being hit by his teacher, I would be inclined to find out why before just filing that lawsuit. It may just be the best thing my boy experienced that year and learnt' him a valuable lesson.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top