JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
So after painful deliberation as to where I am at with my projects and collection of guns, I have decided to part with a gun that I had picked up for a project. I had intended to turn this gun into a .44 special or something worthy of Elmer Keith, but I'm just not going to get to it anytime soon. So if you were thinking of sending something off to Andy Horvath or one of the other single action wizards, here you go...

This is a three-screw Ruger Blackhawk in .357 Magnum. It has not been back to Ruger for the transfer bar safety conversion. Its still in its original form. It has holster wear, but no rust or pitting.

I'd like to get $475 out of it, but am willing to listen to reasonable offers. No trades though. Gunshow coming up and I need some walking around money...

Why does it have to go back to Ruger??, and how many rounds have you fired through it??

Ruger is offering to do a free safety upgrade on firearms that they made as far back as 1953. This modification will make the gun safer and does not affect the value of it. They will even return the replaced parts for collectors. Ah, Ruger, ya gotta love them! Guaranteeing their work for more than half a century!

Ruger is offering to do a free safety upgrade on firearms that they made as far back as 1953. This modification will make the gun safer and does not affect the value of it. They will even return the replaced parts for collectors. Ah, Ruger, ya gotta love them! Guaranteeing their work for more than half a century!

The conversion does make it a little less complicated for a non experienced shooter to handle because it allows a hammer down on a charged chamber. If one wants this feature, they should find a New Model Blackhawk. Plus they'll spend less dough.

If the returned parts are not kept with the gun, a converted one will bring less money when selling.

Gott'a love Ruger? You betcha!

Too bad this isn't a flattop. :) Or maybe it's a good thing! I need another Blackhawk like I need the flu!

Its not complicated to keep the hammer down on an empty cylinder. Safety is the nut behind the gun, not the gun itself. I know its not a flat-top, but it is a perfect candidate to send out to be converted to a .44 special. Like I said, something Elmer Keith would be proud of.

BTT. The gun and I will be at the Redmond Gun Show this weekend if anyone want to see it. I'll also have the Colt .32 Hammerless and the S&W Model 17-4 I have listed as well as some long guns.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.