JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I fired three 9mm handguns yesterday with my new suppressor. They all cycle fine, G-19, Sig 320, and a CZ 75 Omega. The CZ is blowing a lot of unburned powder in my face, the other two do not. The CZ is Cajonized and has a lighter recoil spring and I'm wondering if this is the problem or if it's characteristic of the gun.

It's the guns action. If it is unlocking the breach too early, you'll get gas. I'd definitely try a heavier recoil spring and see if it will slow it down.

I shoot titegroup with a 147gr bullet, less powder helps blow back, kept blowen extractors out of my p-320 sig told me it was because I was not using their suppressor sold the sig now shoot a G-17 with no problems.

As Reno suggested, I'd try a heavier recoil spring in the CZ. I have several CZ 9mm handguns (sp-01, P09, and P10c) that I run suppressed. They all run fine, but definitely do get dirtier in the action/mag well area when firing through a suppressor. Although all 3 of them do have some Cajun Gun Works upgrades, I generally stick with the standard CZ main spring vs. going lighter.

Also, what ammo are you using? I run handloads in mine, typically 147 grain plated bullet over a lighter charge of fairly fast burn rate powder (most recently using Alliant Sport pistol).

I handload and also prefer 147gr but most of my ammo is my cast lead or coated lead that I purchased. I was shooting titegroup and some jacketed bullets whose name has temporarily escaped me. I also shot some police frangible cartridges that I have no data on. I need to order some bullets.

As Reno suggested, I'd try a heavier recoil spring in the CZ. I have several CZ 9mm handguns (sp-01, P09, and P10c) that I run suppressed. They all run fine, but definitely do get dirtier in the action/mag well area when firing through a suppressor. Although all 3 of them do have some Cajun Gun Works upgrades, I generally stick with the standard CZ main spring vs. going lighter.

Also, what ammo are you using? I run handloads in mine, typically 147 grain plated bullet over a lighter charge of fairly fast burn rate powder (most recently using Alliant Sport pistol).

Since you handload and have CZs, you probably know that CZ 9mms can have a fairly short leade in their chamber. So the ogive on certain projectiles require seating the bullet deeper than on some other manufacturers' barrels. I generally load and shoot 124/125 grain coated projectiles, but for the heavier 147 grain subsonic loads, I've mainly used the Berry's plated since I know they have worked in the CZ barrels I've loaded for while seating them with a reasonable OAL (not too short).

I handload and also prefer 147gr but most of my ammo is my cast lead or coated lead that I purchased. I was shooting titegroup and some jacketed bullets whose name has temporarily escaped me. I also shot some police frangible cartridges that I have no data on. I need to order some bullets.
You may want to do some reading on non-jacketed bullets and silencers if you have not done so already. Typically it is not recommended as it can increase leading in the can.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top