JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Eh, just put up a "no stealing" sign. Works great for keeping mass shootings down. Just ask "them".
Teach the TEN ___ which I am not allowed to say here.

Murder, stealing, lying, etc. is IN that mix.

Cate

I had to look it up. I am not from this part of the country and I do not remember the news story.

Cate
I was living in northern California at that time, but I remember it was just...offputting. Like his actions were a new kind of crazy. I might be embellishing this in my memory, but I swear that he watched cartoons and ate cereal with his dead parents still in the house?? I'm not going to bother looking it up . The kid definitely creeps me out.

I drive by that house and look at it and it still creeps me out....In my truck from the street I still get the hibbie gibbies. Took a while for that house to sell.

I never thought it was as simple as everyone made it out to be. A number of educators I know are quietly overbearing and effective in dis-empowing people under their control. Both parents were teachers/educators. I always throught there was a lot going on in that house that was never discovered/disclosed. I could be completely off base but I don't think so.

I was living in northern California at that time, but I remember it was just...offputting. Like his actions were a new kind of crazy. I might be embellishing this in my memory, but I swear that he watched cartoons and ate cereal with his dead parents still in the house?? I'm not going to bother looking it up . The kid definitely creeps me out.

LONG post to a friend. If you hate long and opinionated posts - please ignore me or skip on by. Merci beaucoup!

Hello friend,
Hello Cate!

Thanx for the post. Much love to you!!!

In response to your post, I think we are seeing the devolution of society. It's been festering for a long time and seems to be gathering critical mass. The things that are going on... I have written previously about us being in the midst of a New Cultural Revolution just like the one Mao used to further establish Marxist rule and Communism. The Great Reset is certainly part of it. But I pay attention and there are so many things happening on all fronts. We are under assault... a certain previous Prez is the Man Behind The Curtain and is going to finish the job of "fundamentally changing America" thru the current administration. But it is not only the administration, the rot goes much deeper. And I am saddened because I think we have reached the tipping point where things cannot be reversed and are on the downward slope to a world we have never known nor would normal people want to know. I'm hoping to be in my grave before that.

The wife and I visited her daughter yesterday. It was a 2hr drive to a nice piece of property with a great view. They only have a RV trailer there now, no house being built yet due to the 800% increase in the cost of lumber. But we sat outside and ate bbq chicken and homemade mac salad. In chatting with her and her boyfriend, who we don't know very well, my wife and I were both disturbed by the constant flow of potty mouth F-bombs, M/F'er, and even the use of the N word coming out of his mouth. My wife is a very traditional lady, even if a redneck she was brought up better than that. The lack of respect shown to her was astounding and he had to realize it and not care. So, we were discussing it this morning, while she kept saying that in her day parents didn't bring their kids up to talk that way (she's 79). I told her that this man has worked around Pipeline men/crews all his life, and guys left to themselves talk that way. But why do it around my wife? I told her that we hang around a diff generation of people, and ALL the people younger than the set we run into at the Senior Center talk and act like that. They seem to revel in the kind of filth that you see on GTA. It's disgusting. I'm no prude, I don't care about words like my wife does, but at some point throwing in useless adjectives that describe nothing gets tedious. They add nothing to the conversation. If I said "flaggerfruggle" every third word, it would be the same. Sigh.

We are living in a time when the "animals" are recapturing human nature and civilization.

BUT, not all younger people and younguns are like that. I still see a lot of quality people around. Where I live its the great preponderance of folks still, as long as I don't pay too much attention when I'm in Walmart. So I think it's just best to turn off the news and go to whatever place gives us peace in our lives. Not much we can do to change what is going to happen.

Blessings to you and your MT husband also,

bb

Send me that PM if you want, my interest is peeked/peaked/tweaked.

Last Edited:
Hello Cate!

In response to your post, I think we are seeing the devolution of society. It's been festering for a long time and seems to be gathering critical mass. The things that are going on... I have written previously about us being in the midst of a New Cultural Revolution just like the one Mao used to further establish Marxist rule and Communism. The Great Reset is certainly part of it. But I pay attention and there are so many things happening on all fronts. We are under assault... a certain previous Prez is the Man Behind The Curtain and is going to finish the job of "fundamentally changing America" thru the current administration. But it is not only the administration, the rot goes much deeper. And I am saddened because I think we have reached the tipping point where things cannot be reversed and are on the downward slope to a world we have never known nor would normal people want to know. I'm hoping to be in my grave before that.

The wife and I visited her daughter yesterday. It was a 2hr drive to a nice piece of property with a great view. They only have a RV trailer there now, no house being built yet due to the 800% increase in the cost of lumber. But we sat outside and ate bbq chicken and homemade mac salad. In chatting with her and her boyfriend, who we don't know very well, my wife and I were both disturbed by the constant flow of potty mouth F-bombs and even the use of the N word coming out of his mouth. My wife is a very traditional lady, even if a redneck she was brought up better than that. The lack of respect shown to her was astounding and he had to realize it and not care. So, we were discussing it this morning, while she kept saying that in her day parents didn't bring their kids up to talk that way (she's 79). I told her that this man has worked around Pipeline men/crews all his life, and guys left to themselves talk that way. But why do it around my wife? I told her that we hang around a diff generation of people, and ALL the people younger than the set we run into at the Senior Center talk and act like that. They seem to revel in the kind of filth that you see on GTA. It's disgusting. I'm no pride, I don't care about words like my wife does, but at some point throwing in useless adjectives that describe nothing gets tedious. They add nothing to the conversation. If I said "flaggerfruggle" every third word, it would be the same. Sigh.

We are living in a time when the "animals" are recapturing human nature and civilization.

BUT, not all younger people and younguns are like that. I still see a lot of quality people around. Where I live its the great preponderance of folks still, as long as I don't pay too much attention when I'm in Walmart. So I think it's just best to turn off the news and go to whatever place gives us peace in our lives. Not much we can do to change what is going to happen.

bb

That's distressing to hear. I use the f-bomb and other expletive's, but only to put forward extremely strong feeling toward something. Anger toward something/someone. Not as a general use word. Sure makes a person sound like a dolt.

^^^ This.

Or a Richard. Or both.
I should say I use the worst expletive's I can think up, in repetition, while listening to any of our so called reps, or news, and the propaganda spewed on TV, billboards, advertisements and the gov'nor etc. When I'm alone.

I should say I use the worst expletive's I can think up, in repetition, while listening to any of our so called reps, or news, and the propaganda spewed on TV, billboards, advertisements and the gov'nor etc. When I'm alone.
I'm rather unimaginative in my use of expletives but feel the same way towards such media input/exposure.

@Catherine1

Cate, regarding mob movies, etc, vs shows and GTA...

Even "Godfather" had object lessons. And in "Heat" (best shootout) with two of my most disliked actors, Al Pacino and Robert de Bigmouth Pottymouth, the bad guys die at the end. Movies with bad guys as the main characters were required to have some socially redeeming value.

GTA was the first that I saw that allowed people to "BE" the bad guy. I haven't seen more than snippets of it, but I understand that later versions got much worse.

In recent years, Hollyweird has put out a bunch of movies that idolize dark character. There is a whole new genre. But it is unlike Film Noir where they were basically mood/character studies. It, this new genre, is glorifying crims and thugs.

I don't know that violence in video games has an effect on children, And there are those here that passionately say it does not, so I don't want to get into it. But as long as the violence has an object lesson or socially redeeming value, I think it's probably not a factor. But from what I know of GTA, I wouldn't let young ones be exposed to it. Nor to much of the garbage that is on TV, in the theaters, in our schools/universities, or coming out of a politicians mouth.

Last Edited:
Hello Cate!

The wife and I visited her daughter yesterday. It was a 2hr drive to a nice piece of property with a great view. They only have a RV trailer there now, no house being built yet due to the 800% increase in the cost of lumber. But we sat outside and ate bbq chicken and homemade mac salad. In chatting with her and her boyfriend, who we don't know very well, my wife and I were both disturbed by the constant flow of potty mouth F-bombs, M/F'er, and even the use of the N word coming out of his mouth. My wife is a very traditional lady, even if a redneck she was brought up better than that. The lack of respect shown to her was astounding and he had to realize it and not care. So, we were discussing it this morning, while she kept saying that in her day parents didn't bring their kids up to talk that way (she's 79). I told her that this man has worked around Pipeline men/crews all his life, and guys left to themselves talk that way. But why do it around my wife? I told her that we hang around a diff generation of people, and ALL the people younger than the set we run into at the Senior Center talk and act like that. They seem to revel in the kind of filth that you see on GTA. It's disgusting. I'm no prude, I don't care about words like my wife does, but at some point throwing in useless adjectives that describe nothing gets tedious. They add nothing to the conversation. If I said "flaggerfruggle" every third word, it would be the same. Sigh.

bb

Friend,

You said everything in this post and I agree with you so I will make it short. LOL

Short?!

LOL I just choked on my hot tea here!

One other thing, I have ALWAYS SAID, maybe not enough on THIS forum, STILL SAY off line and still BELIEVE with my heart that there are GOOD and bad people in ANY GROUP of people.

There are GOOD and bad people in all ages and tons more.

But I will not list ALL OF THE CARDS now, give a long list here because 'card playing' is what the OTHER SIDE DOES all of the time.

Thank you and much love to you and your wife too.

Cate

@Catherine1

Cate, regarding mob movies, etc, vs shows and GTA...

Even "Godfather" had object lessons. And in "Heat" (best shootout) with two of my most disliked actors, Al Pacino and Robert de Bigmouth Pottymouth, the bad guys die at the end. Movies with bad guys as the main characters were required to have some socially redeeming value.

GTA was the first that I saw that allowed people to "BE" the bad guy. I haven't seen more than snippets of it, but I understand that later versions got much worse.

In recent years, Hollyweird has put out a bunch of movies that idolize dark character. There is a whole new genre. But it is unlike Film Noir where they were basically mood/character studies. It, this new genre, is glorifying crims and thugs.

I don't know that violence in video games has an effect on children, And there are those here that passionately say it does not, so I don't want to get into it. But as long as the violence has an object lesson or socially redeeming value, I think it's probably not a factor. But from what I know of GTA, I wouldn't let young ones be exposed to it. Nor to much of the garbage that is on TV, in the theaters, in our schools/universities, or coming out of a politicians mouth.

BBB,

I agree with you about the MOB movies that you mentioned here too.

Etc.!

I will send you that message too.

Thanks again!

Cate

Somewhat related: The two girls who killed Mohammad Anwar have been sentenced. It's not much, but it's the most they can get by law.

Somewhat related: The two girls who killed Mohammad Anwar have been sentenced. It's not much, but it's the most they can get by law.

I got a 503 Error and I will try this again or look it up elsewhere.

Thanks for the update.

Cate

"Adults (older people)" are like trees in the forest to the minds of pre-teens and teenagers. Hence, they have no redeeming qualities. Pre-teens and teenagers have their own sub-culture, language, ethics, mores and they are not subject to 'adult rules'. "Children" are none existent after the age of eight, but adults like to think they are somehow 'special'. You (the adult) in the eyes of a child are an impediment to their pleasure seeking! Why does a child seek a positive response from the other adult if the first response was negative? Does the sky touch the ground?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top