JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hahaha hes lucky he didn't skimp them more or it would have been a headshot:) Swat shooting over a skimp sac hahaha your funny rallysoob.

Next they will shoot a old lady with a cane and say she was brandishing a weapon. You know there something wrong when you get more time for selling/growing pot then you do if you rape someone or even drive drunk. the laws are getting stupider each day just so the rich can feel safe in their homes.

Ive never seen anybody hurt anyone while they were stoned, ive seen them eat alot of food and not move for hours but whos that really hurting.....NOT YOU And the only reason for it being illegal is because they cant tax weed. Thats the only reason all the other ones are bogus.

they shot him for shorting the 1/8th .2g, happens all the time ;)

Ive never seen anybody hurt anyone while they were stoned, ive seen them eat alot of food and not move for hours but whos that really hurting.....NOT YOU And the only reason for it being illegal is because they cant tax weed. Thats the only reason all the other ones are bogus.

Not to start a marijuana discussion, although not intentional harm, but it happens;

http://www.red-alerts.com/victimles...oned-driver-kills-woman-in-highway-collision/

This guy killed 2 people while high and only got 4 years;
<broken link removed>

http://blog.garyrosenberg-law.com/2008/08/stoned_teenage_driver_borrows.html

Not to start a marijuana discussion, although not intentional harm, but it happens;

http://www.red-alerts.com/victimles...oned-driver-kills-woman-in-highway-collision/

This guy killed 2 people while high and only got 4 years;
<broken link removed>

http://blog.garyrosenberg-law.com/2008/08/stoned_teenage_driver_borrows.html

The first story claims the guy had thc in his blood stream, that doesn't mean he was high at the time of the accident and it sure as **** doesn't mean that he swerved into the center lane because he was high; I can personaly gauranty that pot will not cause you to swerve into oncoming traffic.
The other two stories I didnt even read because I saw the word 'canada' in the url. Everyone in canada is stoned, so if something happened it was bound to happen by a stoned canadian. bottom line any1 that has smoked pot and has drank before understands well enough to know that alcohol is the dangerous intoxicant of the two.
Pot will make you lazy, make you say F* it to your obligations, etc but will not make you hellbound road rag'n crazy or leave you unable to disipher right from wrong

The first story claims the guy had thc in his blood stream, that doesn't mean he was high at the time of the accident and it sure as **** doesn't mean that he swerved into the center lane because he was high; I can personaly gauranty that pot will not cause you to swerve into oncoming traffic.
Pot will make you lazy, make you say F* it to your obligations, etc but will not make you hellbound road rag'n crazy or leave you unable to disipher right from wrong

Wow! I don't see where you are coming from!

The driver was under the influence of marijuana and evidently couldn't make proper judgment that he shouldn't be driving...to quote you 'F* it to our obligations'. His obligation was to be a safe driver for himself and those other nice folks on the road! Impaired driving is not acceptable whether it is medicine or illegal drugs.

Marijuana is damaging drug to the brain, just like alcohol, cocaine or insert drug name here. I spent time with my uncle who has smoke pot for way too long, and the guy can’t even hold a conversation any more…his brain is fried as a result of pot!

The worst part about any of those so called recreational drugs is that some innocent usually gets harmed because of someone else using or transporting the illegal substance.

The truth is, that anything that inhibits your driving and decision making, is just that, something that inhibits your driving, it doesn't matter if its alcohol, drugs, sleepiness, cell phone, or just a bad mood, but any of these things can cause accidents. There has been much research that shows that all of these factors majorly affect your driving ability, including marijuana. I'm not saying that marijuana directly kills people, but that it can still lead to unnecessary deaths.

That being said, there are a million random ways to die in today's world, so don't look too much into it ;)

Burgers and fries are damaging to the brain, heart, lungs, etc. Smoking is damaging to the lungs. Alcohol is damaging to the liver, brain, heart, etc. What do they all have in common? Not illegal, and done in moderation won't hurt you. If someone wants to overdo it (plenty of people do), then they are allowed to suffer the consequences. Marijuana is no different -- smoke on occasion, no harm will come to you short or long term, but smoke it a lot and you will suffer the consequences. It's your body so why shouldn't you be allowed to do whatever you want to it, unless you don't really own your body (the equivalent of property)?

Funny how a natural plant is vilified, yet man-made things have the government seal of approval (but it wasn't always this way).

Marijuana is damaging drug to the brain, just like alcohol, cocaine or insert drug name here. I spent time with my uncle who has smoke pot for way too long, and the guy can’t even hold a conversation any more…his brain is fried as a result of pot!

The worst part about any of those so called recreational drugs is that some innocent usually gets harmed because of someone else using or transporting the illegal substance.

But anyways, to be this thread back on topic.... I'll play the devil's advocate here... (so again, don't look into it too much)

I don't see any mention of swat being used in the article...

Also, it should be noted that he made what police consider to be a hostile gesture, which has lead to many other accidental shootings in the past. Not saying that its right or anything, but when such stresses are involved it happens.

Would it really be better if we prosecuted the officer, so then after seeing the example, other officers are more hesitant to take the shot. Then someone has to explain it to the family of a slain officer why a crackhead shot their father/mother or husband/wife. Granted better judgment should have been displayed by this officer, but he has to live with this for the rest of his life knowing that he shot an unarmed man, and making an example could have a negative effect across the board.

But on the other hand this brings up the issue of where the line should be drawn between what an officer can, and cannot do while on duty.

Another thing brought up in this article, is that "Apparently, a bullet in the chest and time in the intensive care unit wasn't punishment enough for selling three grams of pot". So does this imply that we should let offenders off on technicalities for accidental use of deadly force? and where are the boundaries to what crimes should be let go? Even if it only applied to non-violent crimes, like drug offenders, what you might see next, is criminals trying to entice police to use aggressive tactics and deadly force by taunting them with hostile gestures, just in order to get off on a technicality. But are criminals really dumb enough to risk their life to get out of a crime? You never know...

These are just some of the things that came to mind after reading this article.

/end devils advocate and critic

:D

http://www.theagitator.com/2009/04/...ot-during-drug-raid-arrested-on-drug-charges/

SWAT used for 1/8 of marijuana: check
Kid "mistakenly" shot: check
Cop to get off with no punishment, no charges of attempted murder: check
Prosecution attempt to ruin kid's life over BS "law": check
Judge attempt to ruin kid's life over BS "law": check
Judge signed "death warrant" to justify "raid": check
I also don't see where SWAT was used. Is there more info somewhere?

SWAT used for 1/8 of marijuana: check

Link to where SWAT was used? I searched the top 6 news articles for this on google and not once found the mention of SWAT. Got sensationalism?

Regardless of what you think the laws SHOULD be, currently pot use is illegal at the federal level. If you're going to gamble and break the law, be prepared to have LEO's knock on your door. Was this a justified shooting? Probably not, but who knows, we weren't there and can only armchair quarterback. But until the laws are changed, this guy was a criminal.

FYI I think marijuana use should be legalized.

Really!?

I think this kid got what was coming to him. Darwin's theory and all. If your stupid enough to be dealing even a little amount of drugs prepare for the worst.
I'm on the cops side. I guarentee you this cops busted in and saw that kids hand go up and thought he was raising a gun. Bang, cop +1, kid 0.

I'm not saying cops should have free rights too kill your local pot heads but if you do dumb stuff, bad things happen to you.

He fought the law, and the law won.

If you want to cry about legalizing the sweet stinky green go ahead, but if you get busted with don't cry about how it's not a bad drug, or it should be legalized. Right now it's illegal. So you like to smoke? The law may just smoke you!

This shooting was not about marijuana, it was about a suspect making a gesture that caused the reaction of a getting shot. He was not shot for possessing or dealing drugs, he was shot because he made a gesture. If you are in a possibly deadly situation, and someone makes a threatening gesture, and if it could possibly cause harm to yourself or others, you have the justification to defend yourself. Whether or not his raising of his hands is a threatening gesture is debatable.

Police aren't trained to shoot to wound, their trained shoot to kill. Anybody who isn't supporting them is probably on the other end of them.
Getting shot selling drugs? Funny? How is that different then the masses getting killed in cartel battles in Mexico?
Drugs are drugs you idiots
It's just like the Special Forces guys seeing their buddies getting killed fighting drug cartels or drugs funding terrorist activities. They come home and see people using drugs and know that's why their friends are dead.
The only problems with people who do drugs is they don't overdose enough.
They are worthless.

How about the banwagon for you! :s0114:

I highly doubt Swat was actually involved in this, since it sounds like a fairly low risk arrest.
Well, depending on the area of the US, SWAT is used for all felony crimes (out east with full time teams).

I highly doubt they were used here but it sure does make a sensational story even better to say mean ol' " SWAT team" took down this poor, defenseless, child selling a plant from the earth... a plant that doesn't hurt anyone...

I highly doubt they were used here but it sure does make a sensational story even better to say mean ol' " SWAT team" took down this poor, defenseless, child selling a plant from the earth... a plant that doesn't hurt anyone...

It does sensationalize the story, but that detail was fabricated by zombieassassin...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top