JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just flipping through channels before going to bed and stopped on Ax Men. Some lead guy from an outfit in Alaska grabbed another by the throat an shoved him up against a machine. Someone correct me if I am wrong but it appeared to be a clear case of assault (and maybe battery). The lead guy continued to scream and said very clearly, "I should kill everyone here". They should be eliminated from the show and the lead guy (who assaulted the other) should be cooling off in the county lockup.

That is not correct. You can be found guilty of assault without causing any physical harm. Assault is the threat of force, battery is the infliction of injury.

An assault is any unlawful attempt or offer with force or violence to do bodily harm to another, whether from ill will or extreme carelessness; for example, by striking at or holding up the fist at a person in a threatening or insulting manner, or with other circumstances that evidence an intention, coupled with a present ability, of actual violence against the person, such as by pointing a weapon at him when he is within reach of it. When the injury is actually inflicted, it amounts to a battery.

That is not correct. You can be found guilty of assault without causing any physical harm. Assault is the threat of force, battery is the infliction of injury.

In Oregon, there is no crime of "battery." With assault, you have to have injury - or there is no crime. If you have physical contact, with no injury, that is harassment.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top