Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

unable to reply with quote

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PiratePast40, Jan 19, 2014.

1. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

When trying to quote another post, can't get past the "busy signal" (little circle going round and round). I've cleared the cache, cookies, and history and the problem persists. Doesn't happen on other forums. Any ideas?

2. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

have you flushed the DNS buffer? ipconfig /flushdns is the command from the command prompt. Solves a lot of issues

3. PiratePast40

Tried that and rebooted. Still no joy. Hitting the like button does the same thing. It seems to be an issue with vbulletin forums and this particular computer.

4. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

It takes time for your computer to get through the NSA computer.

Taku and (deleted member) like this.
  5. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Yep same here. Twice now, but it got resolved today.
    Had to use a proxy server to get to the forum the last 3 days.

6. PiratePast40

I've done just about everything I can think of. I believe t has something to do with tracking software and v-bulletin since it also happens on other v-bulletin forums. I've had problems in the past with google tracking software blocking the back feature awhile visiting v-bulletin sights. I have a long list of google related sites blocked on that particular computer. I've run several spyware and malware programs and they haven't found anything to fix the problem. And no, I'm not confident enough in my computer skills to mess with the registry. Not sure if that's the issue, but wanted to mention that observation.

I don't have the problem with other computers in the house - just my laptop.