JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
April fools joke?
This phrase makes me think it is.
"The optimal self-defense posture for seniors would include such items as a rape whistle or high-decibel air horn, quick-strike road flares, an electronic medical alert system, a cellular telephone with a large display, morphine injections, neon or glow-in-the-dark armbands, a mesh vest, a pith helmet with flashing headgear and a solar-powered radio," said Dr. Betti.

Hey, don't get us seniors riled up. We can blow you away and claim memory loss.

Funny enough, I tend to notice it's the old guys/ladies at the range that have their ish together and are generally safe to be around. I also find it's the cranky "old folks" who are the most interesting to talk to as well, about guns, life, etc. You may not agree with everything they have to say, but I guess I taught as a kid to respect my elders.

It's all the 20-something macho type guys that I hate being around at the range... especially the ones who are in the bad habit of breaking the 4 rules, such as flagging everyone around them with the muzzle or horsing around. I suppose it's ironic I say that since I'm a child of the 80s and not much older than them...

But yeah. The article was total April 1st bait!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top