JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It's not about arms people.

It's about arms trade.
Read the title here:
UN Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty (nevermind the "disarmament" thing that's just "paranoia" :s0077:)
Arms Trade Treaty. The global trade in conventional weapons

Therefore it's about the commerce clause and the power granted to the fed.gov to regulate such things.
It's been that way since Wickard v. Filburn, with the fed.gov arguing for more control.

For all you "leftist libertarians," please explain how granting the fed.gov more power over guns and gun tracing/registration/ownership could POSSIBLY be a good thing!

Then there's the "cost of compliance" and the justification of more taxes to pay for that additional oversight and tracking.
Who here believes the fed.gov won't charge additional taxes on guns to pay for the additional regulatory steps this treaty requires?
Or are we going to bill the 1% for that too?

Aside from what is in the treaty, (because we KNEW that sucked to begin with) isn't there ANYONE on the left in this forum that is outraged by this admin's actions, stalling this until after the election?

Doesn't this raise serious questions about how you were manipulated prior to voting?

Is there no resentment for those in this admin that stalled and delayed, to prevent you from seeing their true intent until it was too late?

Aside from what is in the treaty, (because we KNEW that sucked to begin with) isn't there ANYONE on the left in this forum that is outraged by this admin's actions, stalling this until after the election?

Doesn't this raise serious questions about how you were manipulated prior to voting?

Is there no resentment for those in this admin that stalled and delayed, to prevent you from seeing their true intent until it was too late?

Dream on.
One thing about those on the Left (if this is "progress," trillions in debt, the economy tanking, unemployment creeping back upward, more people on food stamps, yada yada yada we need to get back to log cabins) is that they are in a constant state of denial about the damage they have caused and will continue to cause. If history is repetitive as some maintain, then the U.S. has gone the way of all great civilizations (Greece, Rome, Egypt) and is now declining because more people want to take than are willing to contribute..

And those on the right have become cynical and sarcastic, and self-delusional as well because nobody will ever be the "perfect" candidate so they sit at home and whine on election day.

What they all ignore is that if there is a crash coming, we're all taking that ride together, just like the Greeks, Romans, Egyptians...

Everybody dig up Costner's "The Postman" and enjoy some popcorn...

The UN is a worn out, failed concept that at one time had it's place but is no longer viable. It is fighting for some sort of 'pole position' but the reality is about the only time you hear about it is on this forum or maybe mentioned by a politician needing filler words for his/her standard BS. I suspect the average blue-helmeted UN troop is a paranoid, frightened person who is probably aware of the capability of a lot of Americans with their firearms and has no desire to ever be in a defensive posture against us, especially in our Country.

Dream on.
One thing about those on the Left (if this is "progress," trillions in debt, the economy tanking, unemployment creeping back upward, more people on food stamps, yada yada yada we need to get back to log cabins) is that they are in a constant state of denial about the damage they have caused and will continue to cause. If history is repetitive as some maintain, then the U.S. has gone the way of all great civilizations (Greece, Rome, Egypt) and is now declining because more people want to take than are willing to contribute..

And those on the right have become cynical and sarcastic, and self-delusional as well because nobody will ever be the "perfect" candidate so they sit at home and whine on election day.

What they all ignore is that if there is a crash coming, we're all taking that ride together, just like the Greeks, Romans, Egyptians...

Everybody dig up Costner's "The Postman" and enjoy some popcorn...

Meh, let them eat cake.

The progessives just bought the last tickets to board the titanic. They will rule over a sinking ship. I will just sit back watch it happen and not lift one finger to give them a kleenix.

The progessives just bought the last tickets to board the titanic. They will rule over a sinking ship. I will just sit back watch it happen and not lift one finger to give them a kleenix.

Well, uhhhh, I've got a news flash for you, amigo. You're seated on the quarter deck, because we are all on that ship. You may get a seat on the last lifeboat, but you are definitely going to get wet.

This is what is soon to happen.. the USA will not be disarmed and our "masters" are going to push the final buttons in an attempt to genocide us...

<broken link removed>

Well, uhhhh, I've got a news flash for you, amigo. You're seated on the quarter deck, because we are all on that ship. You may get a seat on the last lifeboat, but you are definitely going to get wet.

Dave you may be right However trying to stop the inevitable economy collapse. I say let them own it right to the end of thier politcal distruction. I hope the repub give them everthing they want. Then the nonsence will be over in 4 year vs another elections cycle the extends the distruction. As long as nothing changes and it won't they will expand gov illegal voting blocks. If you have not seen the list of companines including Boeing that are doing layoffs this week. Makers will not sit by while thier wealth gets confinscated they did not get that wealth by being passive and stupid. With the implentation of obammycare this will ramp up very quickly. I sold my company 1 year ago and am glad I did so when I say I will sit by and watch thats what I will do and yes will it affect me of course However I will be just fine and I have plannned for this for quite a while. All along I thought that that conservatives would fix things and get us back on track but our coulture is such that entilments are the way of live hard work is not and when our gov advertises in Mexico for more of them to come to american for free food stamps NO ONE and I mean NO ONE can control the very bad outcome of that kind of stealing from the American people. You can not explain or rationalize to liberals they make decision on feeling vs logic and we know live in a touchy feely world by half of America and currently they hold the power. That will not change and if it does I will be the first to say I was wrong. End Rant

In the next 4 years the rs will sell their constituency out and pass illegal alien amnesty with voting rights for them and it's all over as far as voting, amigos. Already the AM radio talking heads like medfly are promoting it

Dave you may be right However trying to stop the inevitable economy collapse. I say let them own it right to the end of thier politcal distruction. I hope the repub give them everthing they want. Then the nonsence will be over in 4 year vs another elections cycle the extends the distruction. As long as nothing changes and it won't they will expand gov illegal voting blocks. If you have not seen the list of companines including Boeing that are doing layoffs this week. Makers will not sit by while thier wealth gets confinscated they did not get that wealth by being passive and stupid. With the implentation of obammycare this will ramp up very quickly. I sold my company 1 year ago and am glad I did so when I say I will sit by and watch thats what I will do and yes will it affect me of course However I will be just fine and I have plannned for this for quite a while. All along I thought that that conservatives would fix things and get us back on track but our coulture is such that entilments are the way of live hard work is not and when our gov advertises in Mexico for more of them to come to american for free food stamps NO ONE and I mean NO ONE can control the very bad outcome of that kind of stealing from the American people. You can not explain or rationalize to liberals they make decision on feeling vs logic and we know live in a touchy feely world by half of America and currently they hold the power. That will not change and if it does I will be the first to say I was wrong. End Rant

why not get everyone on the bandwagon and speed things up a little.
have everyone with there hand out and no one working then where will the santa clause in D C get the money to give away. at least you would hopefully have a little put away while the goberment was giving you your entitlements

why not get everyone on the bandwagon and speed things up a little.
have everyone with there hand out and no one working then where will the santa clause in D C get the money to give away. at least you would hopefully have a little put away while the goberment was giving you your entitlements

Isn't that what has been happening for the last 4 years. We are already at more takers than makers so it won't take long to end it all.

In the next 4 years the rs will sell their constituency out and pass illegal alien amnesty with voting rights for them and it's all over as far as voting, amigos. Already the AM radio talking heads like medfly are promoting it

The demographics are changing rapidly now, hence Romney losing the election. Adapt or move - those are your choices if you don't like where things are headed. Not a censure; rather, just stating fact.

The demographics are changing rapidly now, hence Romney losing the election. Adapt or move - those are your choices if you don't like where things are headed. Not a censure; rather, just stating fact.

By adapt, do you mean consenting to government seizure and redistribution of private property to poorer immigrants in return for their political support? If not, what do you mean?

I have nothing against immigration reform, having gone through the absurd and arbitrary process of legal immigration myself. But the basis of the "new Democratic majority" is essentially legalized theft for votes. Much like the GOP "southern strategy" was essentially sanctioned racism for votes.

I have another solution and it rhymes with solution and starts with an R

Beware men who have nowhere to escape to and their backs are against a wall.. even a bunny rabbit will bite if you try to drag it out of it's home, and the posterity of the Founders ain't no bunny rabbit. Reminds me of the Wrath of the Awakened Saxon by Rudyard Kipling

It was not part of their blood,
It came to them very late,
With long arrears to make good,
When the Saxon began to hate.

They were not easily moved,
They were icy -- willing to wait
Till every count should be proved,
Ere the Saxon began to hate.

Their voices were even and low.
Their eyes were level and straight.
There was neither sign nor show
When the Saxon began to hate.