JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Well, that didn't take long, eh?

There is a link to the story in the Chicago Trib about this, and I talked to Gottlieb right after he got word. It was one of those "Well, maybe this time people will pay attention" kinda moments.

The UN wasn't even subtle about it. How cavalier is that?:s0131:

Faster than you can say “We told you so,” a major national gun rights organization is raising a ruckus over quick action by a United Nations committee Wednesday to renew talks over a proposed international Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) with the support of a newly-re-elected Obama administration.

<broken link removed>

The solution to this is obvious: buy every firearm and piece of ammunition you can get your hands on.

Pay whatever price the firearms dealer tells you to.

When you need cash 6 months from now, I'll give you a fair offer, promise ;)

Another non-story meant to try to rile up gun rights activists. This proposed treaty has nothing to do with gun rights or ownership here in the US even if it were to pass, which is a big IF. The Obama administration was one of the countries originally opposed to certain language in the treaty which is why is was shelved in the first place and sent back to the drawing board. This treaty may not even see the light of day to even begin to debate but that won't stop certain groups from gouging hard working Americans for more of their hard earned money.

What the heck? Read the rules - I am pretty sure you aren't supposed to make death threats on this site. At best it is infantile, at worst distasteful. Sheesh.

You haven't done much reading here have you? People been talking about shooting blue helmets since I got here and rather often.

You haven't done much reading here have you? People been talking about shooting blue helmets since I got here and rather often.

Not sure how discussion of shooting UN Peacekeepers (in the head) is directly related to firearms, gun rights, or the second amendment, or is considered "reasonable" in any way.

Another non-story meant to try to rile up gun rights activists. This proposed treaty has nothing to do with gun rights or ownership here in the US even if it were to pass, which is a big IF. The Obama administration was one of the countries originally opposed to certain language in the treaty which is why is was shelved in the first place and sent back to the drawing board. This treaty may not even see the light of day to even begin to debate but that won't stop certain groups from gouging hard working Americans for more of their hard earned money.

Exactly.

Not sure how discussion of shooting UN Peacekeepers (in the head) is directly related to firearms, gun rights, or the second amendment, or is considered "reasonable" in any way.
Who said the U.N. soldiers would be wearing them when they are turned into targets?

Betcha a dollar that if/when U.N. "peacekeepers" show up on U.S. soil, they find blue helmets with bullet holes waiting for them on every street corner,...
That they leave town!

Thus the analogy:
"Those blue helmets make good targets"

images.jpg

images.jpg

But it does limit all exports and imports, requiring the manufacturer to track guns right to the buyers home. That makes it a gun registration scheme and we know the Obwan admin has said they will support it.

IF that were to happen, again a BIG F, that wouldn't be a bad thing. Foreign manufacturers would either make their glocks and XD's here in the US or they would license them out to American manufacturers both of which would be a boon for US manufacturing either way.

IF that were to happen, again a BIG F, that wouldn't be a bad thing. Foreign manufacturers would either make their glocks and XD's here in the US or they would license them out to American manufacturers both of which would be a boon for US manufacturing either way.

Or they would just quit exporting them to the US, thereby limiting selection and raising prices.

I have strong dislike for blue helmets. I do think they make for great targets though. :)

I am truly amazed however that there are those that seem ok with the treaty hear.. that there are those hear that seem ok with the UN.

Guess it takes all kinds.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews