JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
U.N. Human Rights Council to Take Aim at New Target: United States - FoxNews.com

This is concerning. Be sure to read down a bit till you get to the stuff about U.S. Human Rights Network... Which according to their website, and the article is an agglomeration of nearly 300 activist organizations whose ultimate aim, “full U.S. compliance with universal human rights standards—will require the development of a broad-based, democratic movement that is dedicated to the long-term goal of transforming U.S. political culture.”

And of course funding for the network and its Geneva submission apparently comes from the Human Rights Fund, an umbrella group whose steering committee of philanthropies include the Ford Foundation, George Soros’ Open Society Institute, the Overbrook Foundation and an anonymous donor.

When China, Cuba, Libya and Saudi Arabia are on the Human Rights Council you know the whole situation is already eff'd up.

Good times, kids.

-d

Even if the UN has no right to criticize the US human rights record, that doesn't mean things are all rosy here. The so-called "war on drugs" has to end now before more innocents are thrown into jail for victimless "crimes".

That said, the UN can FOAD.

cornell, I have to disagree. We need to ramp up the war on drugs cuz drugs do nothing to make AMerica a better place. You dont need to look any further than the NorthWest and all the meth, heroine, pot and excessive alcohol use. Who knows what else people are using to escape reality including prescription drug abuse. Besides, when I go hiking and hunting in southern Oregon I really dont enjoy stumbling upon marijuana gardens with illegal aliens guarding them with black guns:( People can argue till the cows come home on the "injustices" of the war on drugs, but until the day comes they can prove any good comes from drug use beyond pain treatment then its a dead issue and the Feds will never budge. So this never ending foolish movement out West here is a waste of time trying to legalize pot as even the ultra loony progressive state of Commifornia shot prop 19(legal recreation use of dope) down yesterday:buttrock::buttrock: By the way, drug use always creates victims.

We need to ramp up the war on drugs cuz drugs do nothing to make AMerica a better place

So in your view, a better America would see militarized SWAT teams bashing in doors every midnight, killing pets and scaring innocent civilians because they might have mellowed out using a harmless plant. Or maybe they didn't, the neighbor did. Sickening.

Besides, when I go hiking and hunting in southern Oregon I really dont enjoy stumbling upon marijuana gardens with illegal aliens guarding them with black guns

Funny how you push for an escalation despite your disgust at "illegal aliens guarding grows", because the drug black market exists solely because of the prohibition. Black market alcohol does not exist (except for moonshine, yet another absurd government invention) because lobbyists pushed government to legalize that particular drug, which does far more harm short and long term.

The "drug war" death toll is at 40k+ dead in Mexico and the violence is spreading to the US because of the government's pharmaceutical intolerance. Why should the government be allowed to tell people what they can or cannot do inside the privacy of their own homes?

People can argue till the cows come home on the "injustices" of the war on drugs, but until the day comes they can prove any good comes from drug use beyond pain treatment then its a dead issue and the Feds will never budge.

Even if marijuana has no positive effects whatsoever, other than social effects (just like alcohol and tobacco), what right do you have to force others not to use it? Moreover, what business is it of yours? That is authoritarian, plain and simple, and has no place in the supposed land of the free (what a sad joke that term has become).

So this never ending foolish movement out West here is a waste of time trying to legalize pot as even the ultra loony progressive state of Commifornia shot prop 19(legal recreation use of dope) down yesterday By the way, drug use always creates victims.

The defeat of Proposition 19 in California is a disgusting display of statism. You simply have to look at the people in opposition: politicians, the mainstream media, the prison guards union and the police chiefs association, all authoritarian, anti-liberty entities. "Public safety" is a euphemism for tyranny, nothing more.

drug use always creates victims.

This "victim" is doing just fine, thanks. And don't lecture me on how I'm funding drug violence, the US government and the moral crusading hypocrites started this war with their unconstitutional war.

Even if the UN has no right to criticize the US human rights record, that doesn't mean things are all rosy here. The so-called "war on drugs" has to end now before more innocents are thrown into jail for victimless "crimes".

That said, the UN can FOAD.

Some countries just shoot the dealers on the spot,no trial no waisted money on imprisionment. It's not a victimless crime if the use of it causes theft, robberies and deaths either the victims of crime or the users that are addicted. The best way to take over a country is to introduce drugs.

Some countries just shoot the dealers on the spot,no trial no waisted money on imprisionment.

Yes, summary execution of citizens by the state with no trial is always the sign of an advanced society. I'm sure people are just lining up to emigrate there.

cornell, I agree. We arent free,:( not even close. I agree with you more than you know in an idealistic world, but the reality is we need to make order out of the chaos in society and given our state of affairs I see no benefit in legalizing recreational drug use beyond medication purposes. Your right, theres alot of senseless crap coming from our gubermint, but I just dont see any good coming from legalizing pot. If we did that I guarantee you it wont stop there cuz the next group would want to legalize heroine, then the next cocaine, then meth. It wont stop until we become a decayed unproductive cesspool of addicts and victims of addicts. Ya really gotta consider the ramifications. As for those illegals I come across in our National Forests growing pot, they shouldnt even be here in the first place if our borders were properly guarded and U.S. employers were heavily fined for hiring any noncitizen.

U.N. Human Rights Council to Take Aim at New Target: United States - FoxNews.com

When China, Cuba, Libya and Saudi Arabia are on the Human Rights Council you know the whole situation is already eff'd up.

-d

Thats all that need said about that.

Even if marijuana has no positive effects whatsoever, other than social effects (just like alcohol and tobacco), what right do you have to force others not to use it? That is authoritarian, plain and simple, and has no place in the supposed land of the free (what a sad joke that term has become).-d
to some extent i agree, the government has no right in my house. Not a user myself, cleaner than billy clinton, never even tried. I just believe in liberty and tha means to me, kick the feds out'a MY house. Including to the extent that they {feds} have no right in knowing what guns I own.

They may ALL wind up sucking wind if'n we boot the UN HQ offa our shores, and defund they're trough... it could happen.
Oh how I wish I could see that day. Tacking NATO NAFTA WHO and the whole lot. bubblegumers need to leave.

I have nice dreams at night of my country returning to the principles our forefather's gift to us.:s0155:

Some countries just shoot the dealers on the spot,no trial no waisted money on imprisionment.

Aren't those the same countries that are on the UN human rights panel so maligned by the anti-drug moral crusaders in the US? You see, they do have something in common: tyrannic tendencies.

It's not a victimless crime if the use of it causes theft, robberies and deaths either the victims of crime or the users that are addicted.

Drugs don't cause crime any more than guns cause crime. I figure on a gun website would appreciate that analogy. :s0114:

The story of the upstanding citizen brought down by drugs is government propaganda, plain and simple. Criminalizing the act of using the drug then trying to associate drugs with crime is typical government hypocrisy.

The best way to take over a country is to introduce drugs.

The US government created the drug black market, hence the rise of the drug kingpins, and now they tell people to fear the "invasion" of drug violence. Yet *another* example of government hypocrisy.

cornell, ya really gotta look inward in why you desire so passionately drug usage. Its really not about freedom, as drug usage puts you and those around you in bondage:(. You have to know theres a hole you seek to fill and drugs are just your temporary filler. Theres just no use for drugs other than to escape reality of our psycological pain and fear. You dont need drugs, man. You'll be happier and healthier doing things you are interested in. I find love and passion in nature and family:). I admit I'm fighting caffeine addiction right now:s0112:

Perhaps the drug debate would be better served in its own thread, gentlemen?:s0012:

Addressing the thread topic:

"Yet despite their apparent diversity, many of the submissions, as summarized briefly in the U.N. document, point to a number of common themes:

--The U.S. needs to sign, ratify and implement a wide number of United Nations-sponsored human rights conventions, whatever reservations various U.S. governments or courts have had to them;

-- All these treaties and conventions should be “self-executing,” meaning that no subsequent U.S. government action should be required for them to go into effect—regardless of the U.S. constitutional separation of powers, and the separation of powers between federal and state governments;
"

WTF!!!

Dont think that the government really wants to fight the drugs because the drugs are what keep the peasants stupid and submissive, you are a prime example obviously.

LOL, you call me stupid and submissive and yet you're the one defending an unconstitutional government war on its own citizens.

I'm done here, it amazes me how the gun crowd can have so many pro-government sheeple. Then again nothing scares me more than an armed statist.

Perhaps the drug debate would be better served in its own thread, gentlemen?:s0012:

Addressing the thread topic:

-- All these treaties and conventions should be “self-executing,” meaning that no subsequent U.S. government action should be required for them to go into effect—regardless of the U.S. constitutional separation of powers, and the separation of powers between federal and state governments;[/I]"

WTF!!!

The UN could not care about the sovereign power of the states. They have no care of the leaders of a country or the people. They are bent on power over all. The people are giving it to them slowly, but we are giving it to them.:confused::confused::confused:

My nightmare is that our Federal Gov. isn't going to come marching in after our guns, it will be the UN troops.

That will bring blood to the streets. That is the reason for the 2nd. That is the reason we need to fight for our rights. I would rather die then to hand my children freedom to them.

Remember though, its all of them, NATO WHO WTO the commy group.

deadeye, you are dead-on:s0112:. The oppressive evil gubbermint couldnt ask for a better tool for passive-submissive sheeple than the calming, :s0131:controlling use of dope.

I deleted half or more of the original as it wasnt at all nice.......and it wouldnt have been taken at all well. I smoked pot in my younger years but outgrew it as alot have, some people just like living in their dream worlds.

deadeye, I too did it when I was 17 and I even admitted it to the Army recruiter as he told me to be truthful and it wouldnt be held against me. That was when Clinton said he didnt inhale:s0112:and became Prez. I tried it again after I got out of the service and the crap was so strong it gave me a terrible anxiety attack. :s0131: I thought I was gonna have a heart attack and die. I was scared. I swear they put something in the dope today to make it stronger and more addictive as theres alot of strange folks hooked on it:(. I just dont get the need:huh:

Were you talking about home grown cheaper pot? Or, were you talking about money$habit$crime? Or, were you talking about DUI deaths? Or, were you talking about planting for profit and defending the spot? Let's instead talk about living room couches, cookies, and milk. Cookies are family breaking, will power sapping, crime ridden, smile making.....mmmmmmm

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top