JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What a pure load of ridiculous propaganda!

From the article:

Key points:
  • The UN human rights office voiced concerns about officers obscuring their badge numbers in order to act with anonymity
  • Police across the world have faced sharp criticism for using excessive force against the largely peaceful protests
  • Portland's Mayor was hit with tear gas alongside protesters
Police in Chicago have also been accused of excessive force after using their batons against demonstrators who threw frozen water bottles, fireworks and other projectiles at officers.

So... The article headline is all about a warning from the UN, and the first sentence states that the UN has issued a "stark warning" against the US, but it never quotes or refers to any statement or "warning" from the UN.

Fake news at it's finest...

GENEVA (AP) — Protesters and journalists in U.S. cities including Portland, Oregon, must be able to take part in peaceful demonstrations without risking arbitrary arrest, detention, the unnecessary use of force or other rights violations, the U.N. human rights office said Friday.

Spokeswoman Liz Throssell of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights noted reports that some peaceful demonstrators in Portland had been detained by unidentified officers.

"That is a worry, because it may place those detained outside the protection of the law, and may give rise to arbitrary detention and other human rights violations," she told reporters in Geneva.

Well a quick search confirms the obvious suspicion; U.S. is the biggest contributor to UN funding. Seems to be a common theme among all the international groups we are members of. So 10 billion dollars in 2018, roughly 1/5 of their budget.
The UN is in no position to warn us about anything. How about we keep that 10 billion? Plenty of our own bills to pay.

I say we give the UN a couple of things in return; our resignation from said group and an eviction notice, thirty days to get their shiete off US soil. That $10B+ saved could put a lot of people to work.

Destroying property, looting, lighting buildings on fire, shooting commercial explosive fireworks as projectiles, throwing frozen water bottles and caned food, permatly blinding people with lasers, ect, ect, ARE NOT PEACEFUL PROTESTS!!! Tell the UN to wad it in a ball and shove it where the sun dont shine!

Last Edited:
The UN can pound sand and talk about sculpture that should be taken down...
Image result for un statue gun

Well a quick search confirms the obvious suspicion; U.S. is the biggest contributor to UN funding. Seems to be a common theme among all the international groups we are members of. So 10 billion dollars in 2018, roughly 1/5 of their budget.
The UN is in no position to warn us about anything. How about we keep that 10 billion? Plenty of our own bills to pay.
Exactly! Stop all payments and tell the UN to go Eff themselves. :rolleyes:

If I may toss out something here to consider....

I served on two UN Peacekeeping Tours...and at times wore a blue helmet.
More that a few troops that I trained with or worked with were shot , or shot at , while wearing a blue helmet.

Seeing a image of a UN blue helmet with scope crosshairs on it or with bullet holes etc...
Is kinda painful at times....

Please note that I am not in favor of the UN ....those two above mentioned tours have left less than enamored with the UN or our role within it.
Nor am I saying not to post such images like those referenced here....
Or not make "less than excellent" remarks about the UN.

I am just pointing out that US troops have served in the UN , that they at times may have wore a blue helmet or blue beret....
And that seeing a blue helmet with holes in it ...or comments espousing the same...may mean something different to them.

Andy

4) Paraphrasing one J. Jugashvili's famous remark about how many divisions the Pope disposed:
The UN? How many divisions do they have?
Yeah, I know the UN can order "peacekeepers", but how would foreign troops be tolerated on US soil?

If I may toss out something here to consider....

I served on two UN Peacekeeping Tours...and at times wore a blue helmet.
More that a few troops that I trained with or worked with were shot , or shot at , while wearing a blue helmet.

Seeing a image of a UN blue helmet with scope crosshairs on it or with bullet holes etc...
Is kinda painful at times....

Please note that I am not in favor of the UN ....those two above mentioned tours have left less than enamored with the UN or our role within it.
Nor am I saying not to post such images like those referenced here....
Or not make "less than excellent" remarks about the UN.

I am just pointing out that US troops have served in the UN , that they at times may have wore a blue helmet or blue beret....
And that seeing a blue helmet with holes in it ...or comments espousing the same...may mean something different to them.

Andy
My sincerest apologies.
I did think about that pic before posting - but yours was a perspective I'd completely overlooked.
I was going for dark humor hyperbole.

To any I have dis-respected, please accept my apology. :(

My sincerest apologies.
I did think about that pic before posting - but yours was a perspective I'd completely overlooked.
I was going for dark humor hyperbole.

To any I have dis-respected, please accept my apology. :(

No apology is needed.....
Dark humor is a needed thing at times.

Just was pointing out something to consider...
Which you have...So I thank you for considering my point of view.
Again no apology is necessary.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews