Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ummm...read this

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Whitey375, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Whitey375

Whitey375 Eugene, Oregon Active Member

2. just dan

just dan PDX Active Member

even taken with a grain of internet salt and not subscribing to tin foil cap theories, myself: damn that's a depressing read. i could see it all panning out like that.

3. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

I am not the "tin hat" type either, but I have the strange compulsion to shut off my cell phone, computer , and all other electronics for that matter, then slowly move back from the keyboard. If that is actually an interview, it's a scary future.

4. just dan

i almost wouldn't doubt it to be an interview, but the dude being interviewed might just have a nice tin foil hat himself. conspiracy theorists seem to congregate.
    i'm not dismissing it; i'm open minded enough to see it being a possibility... and if it were to play out with that, it would indeed be a scary future. even the thought of it.

there's a chance our children will grow up not knowing a time when freedom meant what we currently equate it to.

that... that is my worry.

5. speeddemon94

Agreed.

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

That was really dystopian.

7. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

First reaction: Scary stuff.

Second reaction: I've been hearing and reading stuff like this in various forms and delivery methods since I was 12, and others have likely been hearing and reading it long before that. And very little of it has come true.

8. just dan

my grandparents raised me. not a day went by that my grandpa didn't warn me about the 'commies'... that we need to be prepared and be alert. occasionally he'd say 'commies might not be from russia, you know. they could be from our own back yard.'

i think today the modern expression of that same fear is centered more around our own back yard, our government and the powers that be. unfortunately it seems anyone who believes it to a certain extent becomes labeled as a conspiracy theory oddball... yet "urban terrorism" has become a commonly accepted concern.
    ahh, the power of mainstream media

9. timac

timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

Jarrets own words
    A7w_fNCCAAAhcvD.jpg

A7w_fNCCAAAhcvD.jpg

10. PosterGuy

PosterGuy Hillsboro Member

I had a hard time reading this after the FEMA camps resurfaced....AGAIN. This was completely made up. Look how many times in the "interview" he says the phrase "does not". Nobody says that in conversation, they use the contraction "doesn't". Nice way to grab some attention up front by including some mysterious "redacted" comments.

I also love how the "writer" strokes his ego by saying "this author" instead of "myself". The fact that he chose to use Sandy Hook in his fantasy piece is just plain sick.

Kevatc and (deleted member) like this.
  11. speeddemon94

People do tend to drop contractions when being adamant or vehement about something very serious, or when frightened. It took a minute for me to think about that and how I speak, and how I've seen others speak under duress...It does happen. Now, I'm still not getting out the tin hat yet, but it is a scary story about a bleak future.

12. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

They also drop them when they are lying. Didn't watch the video and not implying anything about it or others, just commenting.

13. speeddemon94

And I agree with that as well. We just don't know, and the only way we will find out is if something or nothing happens. I guess I should break out the foil just to stay safe! :spider:

14. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Same Stuff different author.
    If it's true then we are truly in trouble.
    Why dwell on it? All we can do is get ourselves prepped up and see where it will go.

Who's to say this isn't to make us buy more guns and ammo?
    Or the food industry putting this out so we buy more preps?
    They will be killing a lot of folks if they think everyone will stay in the camps

Mutoman and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

The attraction of conspiracy theory and the next popular diet pill are loosely related by one's deductive thinking of given sales information. The more people you get on your side to think these theories possible, the more you can believe them yourself. Are conspiracies possible, of course. Are they probably, likely not. But, heck, what ever blows your skirt up and gives you something to do with your extra time. Of course my reaction is merely addition to plot for someone else's conspiracy theory.

Kevatc and (deleted member) like this.
  16. just dan

... OR plot for a potentially great movie! Get Tom Selleck in it; win.

17. gearhead

gearhead NC Active Member

My own home brewed conspiracy theory is that based on mustaches, I'm relatively sure that Tom Selleck and Burt Reynolds are the same person.

18. speeddemon94

Old Burt hasn't aged quite as well

19. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Yep - sounds like a re-mix of Mark Koernke's America in Peril, which I first experienced when I was given a video of it (VHS) by some militia types I knew at the time (about 1991)

20. Partsproduction

Partsproduction Tillamook Oregon Active Member

I don't know how old you are, but when I was a kid I could have sent a few bucks off in the mail and a note saying I was over 21 and in a few days a surplus pistol would be in the mail. Back then I don't remember any conspiracy theories, I suppose they were around, but not like now. I can't understand how anyone can look around at our world and not conclude that something very fishy is up.

The change to totalitarianism has marched along slowly, the only misconception you had was the time factor. It's obvious that once a tyrant believes he has enough control to effect a breakthrough things will happen much much faster.

I don't know if these things, or things like them, will happen soon, but I know there will be a one world government. The bible says so. It may not happen for a thousand years, but it will come. It certainly looks closer than at any time before in my 63 years.